An Intensive 5-Day Online Training Course
Electrical Construction and Operational Standards
in the Oil & Gas Field
We currently have no scheduled session for this Course. If you are interested in running this course, please contact our Training Department at firstname.lastname@example.org
Why Choose this Training Course?
Why Choose this Online Training Course?
An ideal PetroKnowledge online training course to introduce or refresh your onsite Technicians and Engineers with knowledge of Electrical Construction standards and compliance with current legislation and practices. A perfect class for any practicing Technician or Engineer to hone their skills and knowledge
The benefits to a company or individual are far-reaching. The benefits of having this PetroKnowledge online course delivered to you and your employees will not only develop their skills and understanding. Still, they will also further refresh and add to existing technical skills within your workforce. The course will enable participants to build their knowledge with Electrical and Instrument construction techniques, with a large emphasis on potentially explosive atmospheres, which are commonly found within Oil & Gas field type installations.
This PetroKnowledge online training course will feature:
- Knowledge of onsite Health and safety, such as Permit to work, Electrical isolation, and Inspection & Testing
- Development and addition of skills which are needed to work within an Oil & Gas Installation
- The implications and use of the IEC 60079-14 and associated series of standards for safe Oil & Gas installation compliance
- Minimum standards versus Best practice within Oil & Gas Installations
- Competence of personnel who work within Oil & Gas Installation relating to construction
What are the Goals?
What are the Goals?
By the end of this PetroKnowledge online training course, participants will be able to:
- Elaborate on the Installation requirements of IEC 60079-14 and some provisions of IEEE standards
- Discuss the requirements of competent personnel onsite
- Demonstrate the correct installation of a variety of Oil and Gas suitable cable Glands and accessories
- Apply Health and Safety, Isolation, and safe working practice requirements for their workplace
- Use a variety of technical information such as schematic diagrams, wiring diagrams, and area classification drawings
Who is this Training Course for?
Who is this Online Training Course for?
This PetroKnowledge online training course is suitable for a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Electrical and Instrument Technicians
- Electrical and Instrument Engineers
- Personnel whose work involves construction of equipment and systems on an Oil & Gas installation
- Design Engineers (for an understanding of Installation and Maintenance techniques)
- Mechanical Maintenance Technicians
- Mechanical Maintenance Engineers
How will this Training Course be Presented?
How will this Online Training Course be Presented?
This PetroKnowledge online training course will utilize a variety of proven online learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension, retention of the information presented. The training course is conducted online via an Advanced Virtual Learning Platform in the comfort of your choice location.
The impact of sending your workforce onto this PetroKnowledge online training course is broad and far-reaching. Candidates will gain a variety of practical and theoretical knowledge that complies with current practice and legislation. The knowledge gained by candidates can be applied back in their work roles and can be used to ensure the following:
- Current practices onsite can be reviewed (and changed) to bring Oil & Gas Installation up to current standards
- Managers and supervisors can gain knowledge to apply in their work roles so that they can understand current procedures and practices, should their work role not be a fully 'hands-on' role
- Updating of technical skills and Standards from previous learning
- Technicians, Engineers, and Managers will be able to apply current, up-to-date Health & Safety requirements for construction within an Oil & Gas Installation
- All candidates will be made aware of upcoming changes to legislation and standards to correctly plan future activities for construction on an Oil & Gas Installation
- Candidates can progress onto HV courses or full Hazardous area Installation and Maintenance courses
- Delegates will be able to learn new practices to construct Oil & Gas Electrical Installations correctly and safely
- Delegates will be able to refresh their knowledge and also add additional skills to their current knowledge base
- Delegates will be able to progress onto a design course (should they wish)
- Delegates will be able to apply current, up-to-date technical requirements into their work roles
- Delegates will be able to develop skills (both theoretical understanding and practice application) to their work role (such as electrical, Instrumentation, etc.)
Day One: Introduction and Basic Principles
- Introduction to Health and safety
- Dangers of Electricity
- Factors that affect Electric shock
- Historical background of legislation
- Examples of Oil & Gas case study incidents
- Causes of explosion
- Arc Blasts
- Common Electrical Safety Rules
Day Two: Basic Principles and General Concepts
- Common Electrical Safety Rules recap
- Common Electrical Safety Procedures
- Low Voltage switching operations
- Live working
- Battery systems
- Arc Flash/Blast Mitigation
- Competence levels of personnel (Low Voltage)
- Introduction to Common Electrical safety documents
Day Three: Protection Concepts
- Introduction to Common Electrical Safety Documents (Including Electrical Permit to work, Limitation of Access, and Sanction for Test).
- Isolation techniques + Earthing (LV and HV)
- Basic Introduction to Switching programs and switching logs
- Switching Exercise
- Introduction to Technical information used in Oil & Gas Fields (Layout drawings, wiring diagrams, P&ID, etc.
- Basic Introduction to Hazardous Area Installations (Oil & Gas)
- Basic Area Classification including (Geometry of release, Release velocity, Ventilation, Relative density)
Day Four: Protection Concepts, Hybrid Systems and Certification Marking
- Basic Introduction to concepts used in Oil & Gas Installations such as IEC EPL's, ATEX Categories, Gas groups, Flashpoint, Ignition Temperature and LEL/UEL.
- Temperature (T-ratings)
- Basic Introduction to Protection concepts including Ex d, Ex e, Ex n, Ex i and Hybrid systems.
- Introduction to wiring systems and Glanding
Day Five: Inspection, Wiring Systems and Assessments
- Certification and marking
- Basic Introduction to Grades and types of inspection
- Maintenance considerations
- End of course theory Assessment (Multi-choice question paper)
- End, of course, practical Assessment (Installation of the gland into Enclosure)
- On successful completion of this online training course, a PetroKnowledge E-Certificate will be awarded to the delegates