Why Choose this Training Course?
The modern plant is dependent upon field measuring devices to gather information, and to implement control where required. Whether it be for pressure, level, temperature or flow, or a host of analytical applications, it is essential that users understand the fundamentals of this equipment, so that their work load is not increased dramatically, as the number of sensors in the operation increases.
Fortunately, these devices have improved not only in reliability, but also in intelligence and sophistication. This is where the term SMART transmitters come into play. The aim of this training course is to combine field instrumentation knowledge with information specific to SMART transmitters. The training course will also touch on aspects that tie everything together (SCADA, DCS, PLCs, actuators and valves), for the sake of completeness, in order to make the most out of SMART transmitters.
This training course will feature:
- The SMART transmitter – definition, block diagram and important aspects
- Terms and definitions essential to using transmitters in a modern application
- The benefits of SMART versus traditional field devices
- P&ID diagrams, and how this ties up with SMART devices
- Integration of a total system, with respect to field devices and SMART technology