An Intensive 2-Day Training Course
Finance Operational Strategy & Targets
Standardisation & Best Practices
We currently have no scheduled session for this Course. If you are interested in running this course, please contact our Training Department at email@example.com
Why Choose this Training Course?
Why Choose this Course?
The course aims to provide a high level overview of the key concepts of strategy, strategic analysis, financial strategy and financing decisions.
What are the Goals?
What are the Goals?
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the Financial and Strategic Planning Process
- Formulate a Strategic Plan for their Organisation incorporating strategic analysis tools:
- SWOT Analysis
- PEST Analysis
- SMART Objectives
- Evaluate Strategic Options and Make sound Recommendations for Action incorporating:
- Finance decisions and their impact on Gearing
- Investment decisions
- Risk Management decisions
- Consider the impact of organizational structures on strategy and of strategic decisions on the organisation
- Understand the role of directors, impact of the external environment and stakeholders in strategic decision making.
- Consider how control and performance measurement of strategic decisions is undertaken.
How will this Training Course be Presented?
How will this be Presented?
The course will be Activity-based, Experiential & Hands on. Participants will engage in Role play, Group discussions and Exercises.
- Interactive Case Study
- Hands on
- Interaction & Involvement
- Client-Business environment focused
Participants will be given a detailed set of handouts and examples in both printed and electronic format
Day One: Strategic Planning
- Definition - what is Strategy?
- Strategy hierarchy & classifications
- Strategy perspectives/views
- Strategic Management Overview
- Approaches of strategic management
- Strategy Making Process
- Mission statement formulation
- Situation analysis – internal & external
- Strategies selection
- Strategy implementing & executing
- Strategy evaluation & controls
- Strategic Options
- Strategy in Action – Case Studies
- Why Strategy Fails? (The Pitfalls to Avoid)
Day Two: Financial Strategy
- The Finance Decision and The Cost of Capital
- Debt or Equity
- The Cost of Capital & WACC
- The Investment Decision
- The Discount Rate
- Making Investment Decisions – NPV, IRR and Payback
- Risk Management
- Hedging & Derivatives
- Finance & Control Best Practices
On successful completion of this training course, a PetroKnowledge Certificate will be
awarded to the delegates
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I register for a training course?
- To register online through our website, please click “Enroll Now” on the course page, complete and submit the form. A confirmation e-mail and instructions will be sent to the participant’s e-mail.
- You may also get in touch with our Registration Team on
+971 50 981 7386 | +971 2 557 7389 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
When and how do I arrange payments?
- Payments can be made in USD or UAE local currency AED (Arab Emirates Dirhams) either by Bank Transfer or by Credit Card. Our Bank Account details will be provided on the invoice.
- Course fees are payable upon booking unless a valid, authorized Purchase Order is provided and accepted.
- Invoices will be sent via email/courier to the ID/name and address provided.
- The course fee shall be settled prior to course start date. Corporate payments with existing payment policy shall be relayed to us in advance.
When should I expect to receive confirmation of registration?
Upon successful registration online, enrolment on the respective training course will be confirmed by Registration Team by e-mail along with the invoice and joining instruction.
Is there a discount for more than one registrant/course?
Sending your message. Please wait...
There was a problem sending your message. Please try again.
Please complete all the fields in the form and check the recaptcha before sending.