Why Choose this Training Course?
This PetroKnowledge training course is designed to give a detailed insight to the participants for understanding of Codes and Standards with emphasis on the right approach and methodology for using the codes. It helps the participants to understand the Code objectives, Code intents, stated and implied requirements (i.e. letter and spirit of the code). It also helps the participants to know the mandatory, recommended and optional stipulations of the code.
The training course also covers an overview of various codes and standards used in Process Industries for design, inspection, construction and in-service inspection. This PetroKnowledge training course will be delivered in such a way that most of the code concepts will be clarified by both the code statements and the relevant examples. The training course also deals in: What is Code and what is standard (difference between codes and standards), Selection of appropriate code and standard for intended application, where one can take deviations from code etc. The training course is further designed such that participants with previous background of using the codes will understand the most effective and scientific use of codes for their purpose while the freshers will understand the correct approach and right use of the codes.
The training course will feature:
- The main concepts and technical terms of Engineering Code
- Introduction to the concepts of standardization and Codification
- The basic difference between code and standard
- The basic technical and scientific knowledge of Codes and standards
- An overview of commonly adopted codes and standards in the process Industries with specific emphasis on Oil & Gas, and Petrochemical Industries
- How to select appropriate code for design, material selection, inspection and construction