An Intensive 5-Day Training Course
Geochemical Techniques for
Solving Reservoir Management and
Solving Reservoir Management and Field Development Problems
|03 - 07 Jul 2023||Dubai - UAE||$5,950|
|04 - 08 Dec 2023||London - UK||$5,950|
Why Choose this Training Course?
This Geochemical Techniques for Solving Reservoir Management and Field Development Problems training course addresses the technical aspects of the geochemistry applied to the exploration, appraisal, and development of hydrocarbons reservoirs, considering topics of particular importance to identify specific geochemistry features that lead to the origin of petroleum samples, deposition of source rock, hydrocarbon generation, and oil and gas migrations, important elements for the successful exploration of petroleum and gas accumulations.
Geochemistry concepts are applied to investigate the source rock evaluation, oil-to-oil, oil-to-source rock correlations, and interpreting natural gas data in the exploration stages, assisting in the development and production phases, supporting reservoir continuity, production allocation, water flooding and Enhanced Oil Recovery projects.
The PetroKnowledge training course provides transferring experiences applying geochemistry fundamentals to support the hydrocarbon exploration, reservoirs identification, fluid movements in large hydrocarbon basins, solving continuity and delimitation of compartments, applications to monitor waterflooding and gas flooding enhanced oil recovery projects, and to trace the sources of oil spills.
The highlights of this training course will be as follows:
- Learn the fundamental aspects and applications of geochemistry principles
- Describe the evolution of organic matter during geological history
- Understand application of production geochemistry applied to oil fields
- Describe laboratory methods including Rock–Evaluation Pyrolysis, Soxhlet extraction, Column Chromatography, Asphaltene precipitation, GC, GCMS, Head Space gas analysis, Organic Petrography using transmitted reflected and Ultraviolet light
- Review the evaluation techniques used to assess quantity, quality, maturation and depositional environments of petroleum source rocks, oil and gas prone kerogens, oil and gas generation with maturation, primary, secondary, and tertiary migration
- Discuss interpretive pitfalls
What are the Goals?
By the end of this training course, participants will learn to:
- Interpret Rock-Evaluation pyrolysis using source rock, and reservoir fluid samples
- Understand the type and maturity of organic matter applying organic petrography, vitrinite reflectance and thermal alteration Index
- Classification of kerogens based on elemental analysis, pyrolysis, and geochemical logs
- Gas chromatography applications, gas chromatography-mass spectrometry, and source-rock generative kinetics
- Principles of applied geochemistry evaluations fluid inclusions, biomarkers, advanced isotopic and diamonded tools
Who is this Training Course for?
This PetroKnowledge training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Exploration geologists
- Geochemical coordinators
- Managers and development geologists
- Production engineers and reservoir modellers
How will this Training Course be Presented?
Participants in this PetroKnowledge training course will receive thorough training on the subjects covered by the training course outline with the Tutor utilising a variety of proven adult learning teaching and facilitation techniques. Training course methodology includes presentations, breakout exercises, discussions, and videos. Participants are expected to contribute and have a high degree of interaction and work in groups during the breakouts and discussion sessions.
The organization will have the geochemistry knowledge required to Integrate well logs, core data, fluids properties and geologic models for an improved understanding of the field performance, identification of well inter connectivity and association with fluid movements, oil recovery and identification of unsweep oil; facilitating the identification of the factors responsible for limited production, its effects in volumetric calculations, therefore the organization will have an improved vision of the remaining oil distribution to identify infill and extended locations to drill new drainage points.
Upon completion of this Geochemical Techniques for Solving Reservoir Management and Field Development Problems training course, participants will be able to:
- Interpret and integrate geochemical data from cores and fluid analysis and well log analysis
- Calibrate and integrate the data with petrophysical analysis, fluid properties, facies, areal and vertical heterogeneities
- Improve his skills to associate the depositional environment required in the construction of integrated reservoir static and dynamic models
Day One: Geochemistry General Overview
- Geochemistry fundamentals and its role in oil industry
- Typical source rock depositional environments and assessment
- Laboratory methods rock – Evaluation pyrolysis, Soxhlet extraction, column chromatography, asphaltene solubility and precipitation, GC, GCMS, head space gas analysis, organic petrography determination applying transmitted, reflected and ultra violet light
Day Two: Source Rock Evaluation
- Thermal maturity evaluation
- Quantitative estimation of generated
- Data interpretation (geochemical logs)
- Hydrocarbon migration and mechanisms
Day Three: Data Interpretation
- Interpretation of Rock – eval pyrolysis data, pitfalls
- Geochemistry and geochemistry sedimentology data interpretations
- Gas chromatography, stable Isotopes
- Interpretive pitfalls
Day Four: Case Studies
- Thermal and quantitative modeling
- Recognition of precursor OM, depositional environment and maturity based on distinctive biomarker analysis
- Source-and age-related parameters
- Oil-oil and oil-source rock correlation
- Interpretive pitfalls
Day Five: Petroleum System Modeling
- Objectives, terms, nomenclature
- Petroleum system elements
- Mapping and cross section techniques applications
- Table of accumulations, event chart
- Burial history reconstruction
- Timing of petroleum system events
- On successful completion of this training course, a PetroKnowledge Certificate will be awarded to the delegates