An Intensive 5-Day Training Course
Global Procurement and
Supply Chain Management for
the Oil & Gas Industry
Improving Profitability by Controlling Costs
|17 - 21 Jul 2023||London - UK||$5,950|
|06 - 10 Nov 2023||Houston TX - USA||$6,950|
Why Choose this Training Course?
Procurement and supply chain management are being relied upon more and more to make a difference to organisations where they are operating in very uncertain times. Procurement particularly is under constant pressure to make dynamic and meaningful contributions to the bottom line operating costs and, at the same time, reducing capital expenditure. Maintaining best practice in procurement and supply chain management is a core requirement for those operating in the global Oil and Gas industry. Supplier / operator relationships are now so very crucial due to the volatility in oil prices is causing real monetary concern across the industry. It is now vital that the procurement and supply chain functions collaborate their efforts and expertise to cope with the complexity of the present operating environment.
This Global Procurement and Supply Chain Management for the Oil & Gas Industry training course will assist delegates to reassess their organization’s Procurement and Supply Chain strategies beyond short term cost cutting. It will focus on real time issues to counteract changes in the market and to think differently about global procurement. This PetroKnowledge training course had been designed to provide delegates with practical approaches for transforming their organization’s procurement team to become more competitive and resilient.
What are the Goals?
It is essential for Procurement and Supply Chain professionals to adapt supply chain practices to fit the current market and they must understand the need for:
- Reassessment of current E&P procurement strategies
- Streamlining processes
- Adopt contemporary practices
- Building robust internal supply planning capabilities
- Collaborative relationship with vendors
- Tools and techniques to effectively renegotiate contracts
Who is this Training Course for?
This Global Procurement and Supply Chain Management for the Oil & Gas Industry training course is suitable for:
- Procurement Professionals
- Supply Chain Professionals
- Tender or Bidding Managers
- Contract Administrators
- Contracting Unit Supervisors
- Project Engineers and Project Managers
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This Global Procurement and Supply Chain Management for the Oil & Gas Industry training course will be delivered by a recognised world-class procurement and supply chain professional and will include a range of lively and interactive training methods, including exercises, role plays, case studies, practice sessions and group discussions. The learning experience will be grounded on instructor-led presentations that highlight key issues to focus on and supported by a reference manual containing examples of best practice.
Participants will make presentations and receive personal feedback on their performance. Discussions will enable participants to share their own experiences with the rest of the group using the most up to date world-class materials, the instructor will take delegates through a journey of learning new skills and give them the confidence to use these skills on their return to their duties.
The organisation will benefit by:
- Enhanced E&P procurement professionals' core competencies
- Procurement challenges facing the Oil and Gas Industry
- Collaborative global sourcing
- Understand how to anticipate and mitigate procurement contract risks
- Key legal contractual risk management issues
Delegates will learn:
- Benchmarking strategic procurement and category management
- Supplier / operator relationships
- New frontiers / new procurement strategies
- Capacity Overload vs. Demand
- Sustainability in the procurement and supply chain
Day One: Defining Strategic Procurement in the Oil and Gas Industry
- What is World Class Procurement and Supply Management?
- Oil and Gas Value Chain Management
- Category Management Strategies
- E & P Total Cost of Ownership and Asset Management
- Global Procurement Contract Risks
Day Two: Integrated Supply Chain Strategy
- The Importance of a Dynamic and Collaborative Supply Chain
- Supply Chain Modes in the Oil and Gas Industry
- Demand vs. Supply Management
- Understanding Transport, Logistics and Warehousing
- Supply Chain Integration
Day Three: Supplier Collaboration and Relationship Management
- The Importance of Strategic Supplier Relationships
- Supplier Collaboration Best Practices
- Creating and Maintaining Dynamic and Meaningful SLAs
- Supplier Relationships – The Total Management Process
- How to get Best and Sustained Value from Suppliers and Contractors
Day Four: Strategic Contract Negotiations
- Understanding Key Components of a Commercial Contract
- Preparing For a Win-Win Negotiation
- Dealing with Difficult Suppliers
- The Importance of Collaborative, Competitive and Dynamic Negotiations
- Know When and How to Renegotiate a Contract
Day Five: The “LEAN” Approach to Supply Chain Management
- Supplier Strategy and Rationalization
- Lean Tools and Techniques
- Understanding The Lean Approach in the various Supply Chain Links
- Designing Lean Metrics for Optimal Performance
- Measuring and Improving the Supply Chain Performance
- On successful completion of this training course, a PetroKnowledge Certificate will be awarded to the delegates
- On successful completion of this PetroKnowledge training course, Certificate with eligible Professional Development Units (PDUs) / Contact Hours from Project Management Institute (PMI®), will be awarded to the delegates
PMI® Registered Training Course
The Registered Education Provider (R.E.P. ID:4349) status with the Project Management Institute (PMI®) enables PetroKnowledge to issue applicable Professional Development Hours/Units (PDHs/PDUs) to participants on our Project Management oriented training courses, to help them achieve or maintain PMI® professional credentials.
In Association With
Our collaboration with GLOMACS aims to provide the best training services and benefits for our valued clientsVisit Website ›