Why Choose this Training Course?
In the competitive environment of today, availability and reliability of assets is more than ever an important issue. Maintainers are faced with the challenge to deliver the same levels of equipment safety, reliability and availability with smaller budgets. Therefore, maintenance & reliability best practices are critical for every organization who would like to be best in class. Apart from maintenance & reliability engineering, outsourcing maintenance activities to contractors could contribute to this significantly. Because sometimes external parties are better suited to improve the performance than you or you simply do not want to do it yourself.
This highly-interactive training course emphasizes the most effective strategies, policies, tactics and practices that are needed to ensure the reliability, integrity and durability of the physical assets through their life-cycle. This PetroKnowledge training course will ensure that you understand how to decide rationally what maintenance activities to outsource and what not, how to select the best maintenance contractor and how to evaluate the delivered performance of all parties involved. Maintenance contracts used in several branches will be discussed.
You will have the opportunity to discuss the best practices used in your organization. Through a combination of formal lectures and group work, you will leave the course with the tools to improve your processes and way of working.
The first module of this workshop delivers many practical and new Maintenance and Reliability Best Practices concepts and tools. You will discuss these concepts and practice using practical tools in case studies and discussion groups. The second module then helps you decide in a rational way which activities are best done with internal resources and which are best outsourced. Tools and techniques are introduced which will help you ensure that outsourcing contracts are comprehensive and avoid the common pitfalls.
The costs associated with equipment downtime and reduced production can be significant. Learning how to effectively manage all aspects of your industrial facility is a must - so is this ten - day seminar.
The focuses of this training course are highlighted as follows:
- Financial concepts of costs, capital, profit and return on investment
- The model for asset healthcare
- Cost impact of equipment failure and degradation
- Proactive practices and tools to reduce maintenance costs
- Failure analysis to focus cost reduction efforts
- Work management to improve resource efficiency
- Understanding Outsourcing considerations
- Contracting types, incl. Service Level Agreements (SLA’s)
- Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) to monitor performance
- Developing contracts – the contracting cycle
- Negotiating skills
- Continuous improvement and performance management: how to evaluate the performance with all parties involved