Why Choose this Training Course?
The Oil and Gas Offshore Engineering projects are technically and commercially challenging, therefore good knowledge and competency of the project team members throughout the different phases of works are keys to the successful execution of these projects.
This PetroKnowledge training course aims to provide the participants with comprehensive foundation knowledge of Offshore Engineering. The participants will be better prepared to function in the design engineering, fabrication and construction department, offshore installation, hook-up, commissioning and start-up of offshore projects. Such roles include field and discipline engineers, project engineer, cost estimating engineers, construction and fabrication engineers, contract admin executives, CSR, construction supervisors and engineers.
The training course will cover:
- Overview of Field Development Planning (FDP) and Offshore Project Management
- Design engineering and procurement
- Substructures and topsides fabrication, load-out
- Sea transportation and offshore installation
- Hook-up, testing, commissioning, and start-up
The course places particular emphasis on the principles and steps of the works, using engineering calculations, flowcharts and diagrams to enhance the learning experience of the participants. Relevant international and typical client engineering standards will be referred.
This training course will feature:
- Overview of field development planning (FDP) and project management
- Design engineering process, deliverables and flowchart
- Fabrication techniques such as cutting and welding, blasting and painting
- Erection and assembly techniques, including cranes and lifting techniques
- Load-out techniques, preparations and ballasting
- Sea-fastening engineering and implementation
- Major and support marine vessels, major installation equipment
- Structure and topsides installation techniques
- Pipelaying and riser installation activities
- Subsea installation and diving support activities
- Hook-up workpack process and execution
- Mobilisation of marine vessels, construction crew, marine crew and construction equipment
- Hook-up activities for each engineering discipline
- Commissioning activities, start-up and handover to client