|RC107||03 - 05 Oct 2021||Dubai - UAE||3,500|
|RC107||20 - 22 Mar 2022||Dubai - UAE||3,500|
*All fees are exclusive of VAT
Why Choose this Training Course?
Petroleum coke, or pet coke, is a product produced from all types of oil (light/heavy crudes) during the oil refining process. Many different products are extracted from a barrel of crude oil in addition to gasoline, diesel and jet fuels. Petroleum coke just one of the many. Petroleum coke is not a new product and has been produced since the 1930s. Petroleum coke is a valuable and essential commercial product that is used directly in a wide range of applications including aluminum manufacturing, fuels, and numerous other products including steel, glass, paint, and fertilizers. Petroleum coke is also used as a fuel in power generation, cement kilns and other industries.
This PetroKnowledge training course on Petroleum Coke Manufacturing will introduce to the participants the main process of the petroleum coke production, storage and handling of pet coke, the pet coke usage and application and the environmental and health classification of pet coke. This training course provides both theoretical and practical knowledge and skills.
This training course will highlight:
- Method of pet coke production, Fuel-grade coke and Calcined petroleum coke.
- Describe the refinery method of production of the petroleum coke
- Pet coke properties and end uses
- Pet coke safety and storage
- Pet coke industry market analysis
What are the Goals?
By the end of this training course participants will be able to:
- Get the basic knowledge of the petroleum coke manufacturing methods
- Learn the various form of pet coke and the production processes
- Explain the Pet coke Production Technologies
- Learn the Safety and Storage of the pet coke
- Understand the product market trends and future
- Introduce the environmental issue of the petroleum coke
Who is this Training Course for?
This intensive training course is intended for anyone who takes part in the Petroleum Coke manufacturing in oil refining and petrochemical industries. No prior knowledge of Pet coke facilities is required.
This training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit to:
- Refinery and Petrochemical Plant Managers
- Process Engineers and Technologists
- Operations Personnel including Shift Supervisors
- Other Engineers who would like to have a further understanding of pet coke manufacturing technology
- Anyone who wishes to update himself on the methods used in this important field
How will this Training Course be Presented?
A highly interactive combination of lectures and discussion sessions as well as case studies will be managed to maximize the amount and quality of information, knowledge and experience transfer. This training course will be intensive but practical and highly interactive. The sessions will start by raising the most relevant questions, and motivate everybody finding the right answers. The attendants will also be encouraged to raise more of their own questions and to share developing the right answers using their own analysis and experience. Course material through power point equipped with necessary animation, learning videos and general discussions will be provided.
How will our company benefit upon attending this course?
The organization will have the following benefits:
- Provide technical staff with skills required to realize petroleum coke manufacturing, operation, usage and economics
- Build a base of knowledge workers with sufficient expertise on the petroleum coke technologies and usage
- Improve awareness when communicating with pet coke suppliers, marketers, technology vendors and consultants
- Non-Operational staff that lack ‘on hand’ knowledge for the pet coke
- Help the participants to understand the environmental impact of pet coke usage
What will I gain upon attending this course?
Delegates attending this course will have the following benefits:
- Understand the principals and processes of petroleum coke manufacturing
- Be familiarized with the latest developments of petroleum coke manufacturing
- Get the necessary knowledge to understand the market of the pet coke
- Awareness raising on health, safety and environmental issues of pet coke
- Enhance the participant’s awareness about environmental and health issues of the pet coke usage
Day One: Pet coke Properties and End Uses
- Pet coke quality
- Process economics
- Hydro treating Atmospheric Residue
- Use of Fuel Grade Coke for Power Generation
- Feedstock effects
- Crude Oil Chemistry
- Fuel grade coke
- Anode grade pet coke
- Needle grade pet coke
Day Two: Pet coke Production Technologies
- Role of the delayed coker in the modern refinery
- Typical Coking Refinery Flow Scheme
- Refinery Complexity
- Impact of a Coker
- Feedstock considerations
- Feedstock Pre-treatment
- Delayed coking
- Delayed Coking
- Safety and Storage
- Petroleum coke category analysis and hazard characterization
Day Three: Petroleum Coke: Use and Environmental Issues
- Industry and Environmental Issues
- Usage and application of petroleum coke
- Potential health and environmental impacts
- Emission factors
- Emission and control
- On successful completion of this training course, PetroKnowledge Certificate will be awarded to the delegates