An Intensive 5-Day Online Training Course
Petroleum Geology for Non-Geologists
The Basics of Petroleum Geology Concepts and Processes
for Technical & Non-Technical Professionals in the
Oil & Gas Industry
|14 - 18 Aug 2023||Online||$3,950|
Why Choose this Training Course?
Why Choose this Online Training Course?
The petroleum industry, from upstream to downstream encompasses some of the World’s largest and most complex infrastructure, commercial and trade networks. But where does it all begin? Where does the oil and gas come from and how are hydrocarbons found?
This online training course was developed to provide petroleum industry professionals with a working knowledge of the Geology elements and processes relevant to hydrocarbon Exploration and Production. The main concepts and terms used in Petroleum Geology will be addressed as well as the exploration and production tools, types of data and software and how geoscientists identify and evaluate drill-worthy prospects.
It is aimed for engineers and petrophysicists without geological background, administrative staff, accountants, law professionals, production technologists, health and safety officers, economists and anyone dealing with geology-related matters or with geoscience professionals.
What are the Goals?
What are the Goals?
The purpose of this online training course is to provide participants with a global and practical view of Petroleum Geology. At the end of the course, participants will have acquired knowledge to:
- Understand the geological cycle and the basic concepts of sedimentary geology
- Recognize the main elements and processes of a petroleum system
- Understand basin analysis concepts, regional geology and exploration techniques
- Understand how seismic, well and outcrop data can be used for exploration and production
- Be able to conceptually define a prospect, calculate volumes and assess risks
- Assess how Petroleum Geology allows a discovery to be evaluated and developed
Who is this Training Course for?
Who is this Online Training Course for?
This online training course is designed for industry professionals who deal with Petroleum Geology on a regular basis and want to know more, including:
- Petroleum engineers (reservoir, drilling, facilities, etc.)
- Geophysicists with little experience or training in Petroleum Geology
- Petrophysicists with little experience or training in Petroleum Geology
- Technical Support Professionals
- HSE professionals
- Economics, Law, Finance and Human Resources professionals
- Data management, IT and administrative professionals
How will this Training Course be Presented?
How will this Online Training Course be Presented?
This PetroKnowledge online training course will utilize a variety of proven online learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension, retention of the information presented. The training course is conducted online via an Advanced Virtual Learning Platform in the comfort of your choice location.
- Understand Petroleum Geology concepts and process and the meaning of geological jargon used among geoscientists
- Comprehend the natural variability of petroleum systems and the uncertainty associated with geological evaluations
- Understand the impact of subsurface and surface geology in the development of a project – engineering, HSE, management, IT, financial, etc.
- Understanding geological volumetric and risk assessments of a prospect and how it can be translated into economic evaluations
- An appreciation of the value of information – seismic and well data - allows staff from various teams to comprehend cost versus benefit and to positively participate in the decision process
- A technical appreciation of the importance of specialist software packages and how these are used in the search for hydrocarbons allows an alignment in their use and optimization of license numbers with potential for cost savings
- On successful completion of this online training course, a PetroKnowledge E-Certificate will be awarded to the delegates