Why Choose this Training Course?
This is a highly relevant, industrially based training course that will update the skills and knowledge of Technicians and Engineers alike. The course is ‘hands-on’ using industry standard PLC’s in a simulated environment. Through this approach the delegate will progress from learning the fundamentals of PLC application to writing, debugging and finally designing their own programs.
Radio and wire-based telemetry systems, essential for an understanding of modern communication methods deployed in the field are also studied and explained. These are vital for a comprehensive understanding in their use with not only programmable controllers but any Instrumentation/Controller remote application.
This PetroKnowledge course also includes a study of modern SCADA technologies. Again, together with a hands-on approach using a modern industrially compliant SCADA software package, the delegate will acquire new and updated skills essential in any fast-moving industrial environment.
Some of the main topics covered include:
- A study and explanation of the PLC for Control purposes
- Understanding through ‘hands-on’ approach using industry standard PLC’s in a simulated environment of PLC programming – design and debugging
- Investigation of Radio telemetry methods, frequencies used and application and limitation of each frequency band
- Case study in the design of a Radio Telemetry link
- Study of commonly used wire-based telemetry methods and protocols such as RS232 and RS485
- Investigation of SCADA, its structure and application. Understanding of a typical SCADA application through a hands-on approach using an industry compliant SCADA software package