Why Choose this Online Training Course?
This is a highly relevant, industrially based training course that will update the skills and knowledge of Technicians and Engineers alike. This PetroKnowledge online PLC, Telemetry & SCADA Technologies training course is ‘hands-on’ using industry standard PLC’s in a simulated environment. Through this approach the delegate will progress from learning the fundamentals of PLC application to writing, debugging and finally designing their own programs.
Radio and wire based telemetry systems, essential for an understanding of modern communication methods deployed in the field are also studied and explained. These are vital for a comprehensive understanding in their use with not only programmable controllers but any Instrumentation / Controller remote application.
This PetroKnowledge online PLC, Telemetry & SCADA Technologies training course also includes a study of modern SCADA technologies. Again, together with a hands-on approach using a modern industrially compliant SCADA software package, the delegate will acquire new and updated skills essential in any fast-moving industrial environment.
Some of the main topics covered include:
- A study and explanation of the PLC for Control purposes
- Understanding through ‘hands-on’ approach using industry standard PLC’s in a simulated environment of PLC programming – design and debugging
- Investigation of Radio telemetry methods, frequencies used and application and limitation of each frequency band
- Case study in the design of a Radio Telemetry link
- Study of commonly used wire based telemetry methods and protocols such as RS232 and RS485
- Investigation of SCADA, its structure and application. Understanding of a typical SCADA application through a hands-on approach using an industry compliant SCADA software package