An Intensive 5-Day Training Course
Risk Management in the Supply Chain
for the Oil, Gas & Petrochemicals Industry
Refresh your Awareness, Reduce your Global Risks
|18 - 22 Sep 2023||Dubai - UAE||$5,950|
Why Choose this Training Course?
Why Choose this Course?
The oil and gas industry is subject to a wide range of risks. These range from external factors impacting on demand such as the world economy, and the rise of competing technologies, to internal risks such as environmental compliance and project over run, back down to the risks associated with suppliers such as availability, quality and pricing of goods and services.
Only by correctly identifying the risks in all areas of the supply chain can the oil and gas industry protect itself when the supply chain threatens to break at a weak link.
This PetroKnowledge training course will highlight:
- Critical understanding of the internal and external risks in the Supply chain
- Planning and risk management
- Ability to manage risks as they arise
- Supplier relationship and risk management
- Examples of the use of Contractual Terms and Conditions to allocate risk
What are the Goals?
What are the Goals?
At the end of this PetroKnowledge training course, you will learn to:
- Provide an understanding of how risk arises along the supply chain
- Use different methods of identifying and assessing risk
- Review the impacts of different approaches to risk allocation
- Implement different Contract types to transfer risks
- Continually review risk management techniques during the life of a contract
Who is this Training Course for?
Who is this course for?
This training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Supply Chain Professionals
- Contracts, Tendering, Purchasing, Procurement, and Project personnel
- Contract Administration, Engineering, Operational, and Maintenance personnel
- Risk, Claims, Financial, and Audit personnel
- And all others who are involved in the planning, evaluation, preparation and management of tenders, specifications, awards, and contracts that cover the acquisition of materials, equipment, and services and who are in organizations whose leadership want high levels of competency in those involved in these activities
How will this Training Course be Presented?
How will this be presented?
This training course will utilise a variety of proven highly interactive adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. The course is highly interactive and will prompt delegates to reflect on their current practices and goals. The tutor will guide and facilitate learning using a wide range of methods including direct input, discussions, case studies and exercises in groups and pairs.
The organisation will be able to plan to avoid or minimise disruption to operations which result in costly shutdowns and lost production, and to minimise the need for expensive expediting. By looking ahead the organisation should also be able to minimise ongoing costs of production and production support, thus enhancing profitability and efficiency.
Delegates will leave with a skill set that will allow them to anticipate, and then manage, risks that can lead to significant problems for their organisation. These skills can be applied in a range of roles and environments. Each delegate will create a personal action plan for immediate implantation.
Day One: The Supply chain
- Defining the Supply Chain
- Segmenting the Oil & Gas Supply chain and Procurement
- Defining Risk in process industries
- Risk Assessment Process
- Proportionality of control
Day Two: Managing and Transferring Risk
- Nature of contracts
- Stakeholders in Risk
- Risk management tools
- Relationships and risk ownership
Day Three: Contractual Risk Management
- Types of Contracts
- Contract breach
- Contractual Remedies
Day Four: Dealing with Risk
- Ethics and Fraud
- Financial and Economics risks
- Political and international risk
- Environmental risks arising from the oil and gas supply chain
- Labour disputes and other personnel risks
Day Five: Planning for Risk Management
- Risk registers
- Force Majeure
- Disaster Recovery
- Action planning
- Case Studies
- On successful completion of this training course, a PetroKnowledge Certificate will be awarded to the delegates