Setting budgets is all about how to plan for the expected and the unexpected.
Controlling budgets is all about how to react and respond appropriately when the unexpected happens.
This Setting & Controlling Budgets training course deals comprehensively with the questions you have always wanted to ask about planning, budget setting, and budgetary control, in plain language that is easy to understand. It covers in detail how the tools and techniques of successful budgeting and budgetary control are applied within the overall planning framework to ensure that organisational goals are met.
It clarifies the jargon and methodology, and the links between strategy, budgeting, costing, and performance measurement. The Instructor's own business career experiences and many other real-world business scenarios are shared throughout this stimulating course to illustrate and reinforce the practical application of the tools and techniques and best practices.
This PetroKnowledge training course will highlight:
- Strategic planning, budget setting, performance measurement, and shareholder wealth maximisation
- Full costing, marginal costing, and activity based costing (ABC)
- Operating budgets, cash budgets, capital budgets, and master budgets
- Fixed budgets, flexed budgets, and variance analysis
- Continuous performance improvement, and the balanced scorecard