Why Choose this Training Course?
The effective management and operation of an oil and gas terminal is essential for a successful business. The processing, transporting and storing of crude oil and refined petroleum products, in tank farms, involves custody transfers of partner and commingled stock, significant volumes of data from various sources and blending operations complexities. In addition, as these liquids are loaded and offloaded in bulk quantities, there is a large transfer of high value that makes it imperative for tank farm operators to efficiently manage their inventory and maximize their return on investment.
This training course provides an overview of the American Petroleum Institute API-650, API 620 and API 2610 specifications as well as the API 653 inspection standard. Emphasis is also given both as to safety as well as operability of tank farms and the training includes Seveso III Directive real life example reports, how they were carried out and implemented.
Upon successful completion of this PetroKnowledge training course, participants will gain knowledge on oil terminals and tank farms, methods of tank gauging, crude oil product specifications, product blending and tank mixing, dealing with of oil spill emergencies, cleaning of crude oil and heavy product tanks, understanding and employ a work permit system, pigging operations of oil pipelines, quality assurance and control, contingency and safety procedures.
This training course will feature:
- Crude oil and product properties & handling
- Identify the different types of tank, troubleshoot, review and improve the operation of a tank farm
- Tank gauging techniques, custody transfer and fiscal metering methods
- Tank Design Standards Codes and Regulations
- Terminal Planning and scheduling
- Management & Operations
- Identification of different types of tank
- Troubleshooting, review and improvement of tank farm operations
- Security & Safety and other essential topics related to Import / Export of Oil & liquefied Gas