Why Choose this Training Course?
Petrochemicals are used extensively in our daily lives from trivial plastic materials to the high range sophisticated material used in artificial body parts, and medical devices. Petrochemicals business is growing rapidly. Such a rapid growth is also adding to the environmental risks.
To an existing oil & gas producing and refining, it is very important to expand its hydrocarbon value chain by expanding into petrochemical business both to improve capital productive, by fully utilizing hydrocarbon by-products, and reduce the crude oil price risk for the integrated producing, refining and petrochemical business.
This 5-day training course has been designed to enable participants to learn more about the value of petrochemicals and the success factors that can improve financial performance and help companies to survive during low prices and thrive when prices improve.
In this PetroKnowledge training course, the participants will gain the technical knowledge and business expertise and be able to:
- Determine the basic chemicals groups, and the rearrangement of hydrocarbons chains in the process of adding economic value, and the measure of conversion and yield in a refinery
- Understand the basic refining operations and the business of petrochemicals
- Determine the project management evaluation and the key considerations in selecting proper technology, capital, and operating costs for the project
- Identify the technical and economic merits and the challenges in integrating petroleum refinery with petrochemicals.
- Differentiate the petrochemical business concepts and individual merits with examples of Strategies/Business Models of Integrated Oil Companies, National Oil Companies and Non-Oil Companies.
- Understand the petrochemical innovations, challenges & future trends
- Recognize and effectively deal the environmental issues arising from the rapid growth in the use of plastics