An Intensive 5-Day Online Training Course
Writing Effective Operating and
Building Structure and Clarity into your Procedures
We currently have no scheduled session for this Course. If you are interested in running this course, please contact our Training Department at email@example.com
Why Choose this Training Course?
Why Choose this Online training Course?
As equipment and processes have become more complex so too has the work of maintainers and operators become more complicated thereby increasing the need for written procedures. Sound management practices encourage written procedures and most regulations now demand them for many processes.
The International Organisation for Standardization includes the control and use of procedures as a key element of a company's safety and quality management system. The purpose of this PetroKnowledge course is to make your procedure-writing efforts as efficient as possible and to create, update and maintain accurate and effective procedures.
This online training course will highlight:
- Documented procedure needs analysis, policies and standards
- Subject matter research including OEMs, internal and external authorities and end users
- Pitching the narrative and vocabulary at the correct level, sentence structure and quantified values
- Tools and technology to create procedures that are easy to maintain and control
- Control the distribution and revision of procedures
- Linking procedures to work orders and job instructions
What are the Goals?
What are the Goals?
By the end of this online training course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the purpose of documented procedures and documented information
- Understand safety, environmental and quality requirements
- Design a procedure management system
- Write maintenance and operating procedures
- Control the distribution and documentation and procedures
Who is this Training Course for?
Who is this Online training Course for?
This PetroKnowledge online training course is suitable for all professionals that will at one time or other need to develop or participate in the development of maintenance and operations procedures and documentation including:
- Maintenance and operations team leaders
- Process controllers
- Maintenance supervisors
- Maintenance planners
- Reliability engineers
How will this Training Course be Presented?
How will this Online training Course be Presented?
This PetroKnowledge online training course will utilize a variety of proven online learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension, retention of the information presented. The training course is conducted online via an Advanced Virtual Learning Platform in the comfort of your choice location.
Day One: Introduction
- Why written procedures are necessary
- The types of maintenance procedures and documentation
- Current trends in procedures and documentation
- Regulatory and safety considerations
Day Two: Maintenance and Operating Procedure Management System Design
- Determine the system and CMMS requirements
- Procedure users needs analysis
- Criteria that determines the need
- The sections and layout of each type of procedure
- Procedure RASCI
Day Three: Procedure Writing Efficiency
- Information sources for procedure writing
- Software tools for writing efficiently
- Fonts, paragraph formatting that enhances readability
- The use of templates, boilerplate, automatic text
- Use tools and techniques to enhance efficiency
Day Four: Procedure Writing
- Language, grammar and vocabulary
- Use OEM information sources
- Use subject matter experts
- Write a draft procedure
Day Five: Procedure Control
- Review and approval
- Procedure repository for softcopies
- Distribution matrix for hard copies
- Update and revision process
- Techniques to improve usage by end-users
- On successful completion of this online training course, a PetroKnowledge E-Certificate will be awarded to the delegates
In Association With
Our collaboration with GLOMACS aims to provide the best training services and benefits for our valued clientsVisit Website ›