An Intensive 5-Day Training Course
Advanced Tendering Procedures & Bid Evaluation
Effective Tendering, Bidding Strategies & Evaluation
|24 - 28 Jul 2023||Doha - Qatar||$5,950|
|11 - 15 Sep 2023||Amsterdam - The Netherlands||$5,950|
|25 - 29 Dec 2023||London - UK||$5,950|
|05 - 09 Feb 2024||Amsterdam - The Netherlands||$5,950|
Why Choose this Training Course?
Why Choose this Training Seminar?
This PetroKnowledge Advanced Tendering Procedures & Bid Evaluation training course will examine all the input that has influence and direct impact on tendering procedures and bid evaluation. The key elements include understanding business need, market analysis, supply chain cost modelling, contracting strategy, and contract award up to and including contract initiation. It introduces a methodology in classifying the 3rd party goods or services for an organization into categories based on supply risk to spend value. Then a methodology will be introduced to help assign the best-fit market approach to a particular category or its sub-category. All of these will lead to the best-fit tendering procedures and bid evaluation.
When should we play it safe by only allowing experienced and proven suppliers to bid? When and how can we develop new suppliers? What are a fit-for-purpose suppliers selection process? How best to master a tender negotiation? How to handle (or avoid) contract award disputes? How to meet the increasingly aggressive local contents requirements in developing countries? What is the unwanted by-product of chasing for localization targets?
This PetroKnowledge training seminar will highlight:
- Selecting the right market approach
- Formulating the best-fit contracting strategy
- Planning and managing a tender process
- How to optimize the interaction between Requesting Departments and Procurement teams?
- How to prepare for and conduct professional negotiation with suppliers?
What are the Goals?
What are the Goals?
By the end of this PetroKnowledge training seminar, the participants will be able to:
- Classify 3rd party goods and services based on supply risk and value of spend
- Determine the procurement strategy choices available for a given opportunity
- Plan and manage a competitive tender process from A to Z
- Identify, assess and make proposals on how to manage procurement risks
- Create an appropriate evaluation methodology to judge bids and tenders
- Evaluate vendor proposals from a technical and commercial perspective
- Prepare for and conduct professional negotiation with suppliers
- Handle the outcomes from a competitive bid process
Who is this Training Course for?
Who is this Training Seminar for?
This PetroKnowledge Contracting Strategy to Contract Award training seminar is suitable for a wide range of professionals in the petroleum and construction industries, but will greatly benefit:
- Engineering Project Professionals
- Contract Professionals and Administrators
- Contract Analysts
- Contract Engineers
- Specifiers, Buyers and Purchasing Professionals
- Procurement Officers
- Anyone involved in the preparation, evaluation, and management of commercial invitations to tender, requests for bids and proposals and contracts for the purchase of services, materials or equipment
How will this Training Course be Presented?
How will this Training Seminar be Presented?
Leveraging world best practices proven in the real business, this PetroKnowledge Advanced Tendering Procedures & Bid Evaluation training seminar will be delivered by a recognized Contracts & Procurement Professional who has been involved in delivering complex projects around the world. Exercises, role play built on carefully designed case studies will maximize hands-on practice.
Impact on the organisation in attending this PetroKnowledge Advanced Tendering Procedures & Bid Evaluation training seminar is profound, including:
- Procurement becomes a competitive edge of the company
- More effective and efficient procurement practices
- Better-fit approach to the supplier market
- Reduction in failed procurements, where contractors and vendors decline to participate in competitive procurements
- Reduction in financial and other risks to the organisation, by making better contracts
- Improvement in the performance of contractor performance, by choosing better contractors, and using more appropriate terms and conditions
This impact of this PetroKnowledge training seminar to the participants are manifold and includes:
- Immediate new capability to articulate a structural contracting strategy
- A greater sense of Professionalism
- Updated with World-Class practices and trends
- More exceptional ability to negotiate and manage contracts
- Increased recognition by the organization because of bigger impact
- Visible improved capability to seek buy-in from and impress senior stakeholders
Day One: Formulating the Contracting Strategy
- Classifying 3rd Party Spend into Categories
- Market Approaches
- Crafting the Contracting Strategy
- Identifying and Mitigating Contracting Strategy Risks
- Choosing the Best Contract Type, including
- Lump-Sum Fixed Price Contracts
- Unit Rate Contracts
- Cost Plus Contracts
- Day rate Contracts
- Time and Materials Contracts
Day Two: Best Practices in Tender Procedures
- The Tendering Process
- Seeking Expressions of Interest
- Pre-Qualification Methodologies
- Basic Accounting and Economics
- Total Cost of Ownership
- How to Prepare Internal Cost Estimate?
- What is the role of negotiation?
Day Three: Optimizing the Tender Documents
- Contents of the Tender Package?
- Ensuring a Robust Specification and Scope of Work
- Defining the Response, You Require from Bidders
- Essential Clauses in the Draft Terms and Conditions
- Bid Security, Performance Security in Public Tenders
- Anticipating and Reducing the Risk of Scope Change
Day Four: Managing the Technical and Commercial Evaluation
- The Purpose of Bid Evaluation
- Lowest Price or Best Value for Money
- Stages of the Evaluation
- Clarifying Bids to Assist the Evaluation
- Choosing Evaluation and Award Criteria
- Bid Evaluation Approaches (One-envelop, Two-envelop, Online Bidding)
Day Five: Managing the Contract Award and Initialization Stage
- Communicating the Results – Internally and Externally
- Working with Tender Bonds and Performance Guarantees
- Dealing with Disputed Contract Awards
- Operating under Pre-Contract Letters of Intent
- Managing Pre-Contract Scope Changes
- Initiating Contract
- On successful completion of this training course, a PetroKnowledge Certificate will be awarded to the delegates
In Association With
Our collaboration with GLOMACS aims to provide the best training services and benefits for our valued clientsVisit Website ›