The Facebook and Cambridge Analytica scandal, which revealed that Facebook failed to protect the data of millions of users, shocked the world. In combination with the largest ever data protection in the world - the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), underscores why Data Governance, Privacy and Data Protection is so critical for organizations to safeguard their customers’ data all over the world. With the increase in cyber security threats too, all organizations are now at an all time high to take action now.
GDPR is the largest shift in data protection and privacy legislation in Europe for over a generation and with potential extraterritorial effect, all organizations across the Middle East and Asia Pacific may need to comply with GDPR even though the company is not based in Europe. Data Protection will only increase now in all parts of the globe and companies need to take actions to protect, secure and manage personal data more effectively.
Failure to comply with GDPR exposes organizations to unprecedented regulatory, financial, and reputational risk resulting in sizeable fines for serious breaches. Financial penalties are steep: Up to EUR20 million or 4% of global annual turnover. In addition to financial penalties, noncompliance may also expose organizations to regulatory investigations, sanctions, claims from individuals and class actions, including the possibility of being charged with criminal offenses.
This PetroKnowledge Data Governance, Privacy with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Masterclass will highlight:
- Learn how to apply data governance, privacy and data protection controls to help reduce risks, issues and threats through policy, strategies and systems
- Manage the increasing number of audit, risk and legal compliance standards related to data protection, privacy and cyber and information security to protect data and peoples identity
- Build solutions that meet ISO standards, global data protection best practices, GDPR and industry regulations
- Develop systems and tools to help establish and implement data governance
- Create an action plan and learn from industry best practices to establish data governance and data protection for their organizations