An Intensive 10-Day Training Course
Data Science and Analytics for Oil & Gas
|29 Jul - 09 Aug 2024
|Dubai - UAE
Are the scheduled dates matching with your needs?
We provide a wider range of training options. Tailored and customized, we can deliver your organization’s training needs anytime, anywhere.
MODULE I - Data Analysis Techniques
Day One – Logical and Reliable Data Analysis, Descriptive Statistics, and Pivot Tables
- Importing data into Excel
- Best practice when analyzing data
- Analyzing and representing coded data
- Descriptive statistics and their real meanings
- Performing a frequency analysis
- The use of pivot tables and pivot charts
- Noisy and incomplete data, statistical significance and dealing with outliers
Day Two – Data Mode Shape Analysis
- Plotting data against time
- Generating data mode shapes
- Fitting curves to data
- Correlating mode shape to time-based events
- Interpreting time series analyses
- Moving average calculations
Day Three – Scenario Analysis and Interactive Spreadsheets
- Representing analytical problems as multi-input, single-output (MISO) systems
- Deterministic systems analysis
- What if and visual scenario analysis
- Dynamic / interactive spreadsheets and the use of forms control
- Moving window, conditional and adaptive calculations
- Measuring the sensitivity of calculated variables
Day Four – Regression Analysis and Correlation
- Equations of curves
- The prediction of future behavior using data shape – regression analysis
- Linear, polynomial, exponential and power curve fits
- The dangers of over-fitting
- Data end effects
- Goodness of fit (sum of square error – SSE) and R2
- Evaluating equations, solving equations, and using Solver
- Correlation and causality
Day Five – Data Driven Methods and Analysis of Variance
- Non-deterministic system
- Data driven methods
- One step ahead future prediction using data science (multivariate correlation)
- Single factor analysis of variance (ANOVA)
- Two factor analysis of variance
- A demonstration of artificial intelligence – the travelling salesman problem
MODULE II - Infographics & Data Analytics for Oil & Gas Reporting
Day Six: Introduction and Descriptive Statistics
- What is Data Analysis?
- A reminder of elementary statistics and compensations for small sample sizes
- A Quick-start Tutorial for Excel
- Describing Data Sets using Statistics
- Representing Data Sets Graphically
- How to create Info-graphic in Excel
- How Info-graphics Data Presentation compares to the Traditional Methods
Day Seven: Frequency and Time Series Analysis
- Frequency of Occurrence
- Pareto Analysis
- How Excel Dashboard is Different from Info-graphics
- How to combine Excel and Power Point for Creating Info-graphics
- Time Series and Trend Analysis
- Estimation Theory and Its Relevant to Oil and Gas Data
Day Eight: Scenario Analysis, Confidence and Six Sigma
- Modelling Scenario and their Application in Oil and Gas Companies
- Interactive Spreadsheets
- Confidence Intervals
- Usefulness of Control Chart for Oil and Gas Companies
- Error Bars
- Online Tools for Creating Info-graphics
- Practical Creation of Info-graphic using real Data
Day Nine: Regression Analysis Equations and System Modeling
- Simple Regression Analysis
- Polynomial Curve Fits
- Describing Data Using Equations
- The Applications of Regression to Oil and Gas Companies
- Analysis Of Variance (ANOVA)
- Comparing Different Types of Info-graphics
Day Ten: The Info-graphics Creation and Critique
- Presenting Data Using Appropriate Reporting Style
- Practice Creating the Info-graphics and Its Presentation
- Focus on the Storytelling
- Overall Review of Concepts Learned and How they can be applied in practice
On successful completion of this training course, a PetroKnowledge Certificate will be
awarded to the delegates
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I register for a training course?
- To register online through our website, please click “Enroll Now” on the course page, complete and submit the form. A confirmation e-mail and instructions will be sent to the participant’s e-mail.
- You may also get in touch with our Registration Team on
+971 50 981 7386 | +971 2 557 7389 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
When and how do I arrange payments?
- Payments can be made in USD or UAE local currency AED (Arab Emirates Dirhams) either by Bank Transfer or by Credit Card. Our Bank Account details will be provided on the invoice.
- Course fees are payable upon booking unless a valid, authorized Purchase Order is provided and accepted.
- Invoices will be sent via email/courier to the ID/name and address provided.
- The course fee shall be settled prior to course start date. Corporate payments with existing payment policy shall be relayed to us in advance.
When should I expect to receive confirmation of registration?
Upon successful registration online, enrolment on the respective training course will be confirmed by Registration Team by e-mail along with the invoice and joining instruction.
Is there a discount for more than one registrant/course?
Sending your message. Please wait...
There was a problem sending your message. Please try again.
Please complete all the fields in the form and check the recaptcha before sending.