|24 - 28 Oct 2021
||Dubai - UAE
|03 - 07 Jul 2022
||Dubai - UAE
|23 - 27 Oct 2022
||Dubai - UAE
Why Choose this Training Course?
In recent decades, historical energy demand statistics depict the rise in energy demands and the corresponding increase in carbon dioxide emissions and its detrimental impact on the global environment. The increased attention toward low carbon fuels leads to carbon-free hydrogen fuel expected to become a significant fuel in the upcoming years. Due to the considerable changes required for hydrogen energy systems and applications, ammonia appears to entail a vital position in developing the hydrogen economy. With numerous favorable properties and characteristics, ammonia is considered a promising candidate to address several challenges faced by hydrogen usage as a fuel. Ammonia has, for many decades, been serving in various sectors, for example, fertilizers, working fluids, cleaning chemicals, refrigerants, and many more. However, from the perspective of fuels, the necessity of shifting toward carbon-free fuels in this era has made ammonia stand out as a promising fuel that can aid in reducing the dependence on fossil fuel-based energy production. Also, ammonia is recognized as a clean solution as long as it is produced cleanly by renewables.
In this regard, ammonia fuel cells play a crucial role in the flourishment of ammonia energy. Lead to higher efficiencies than combustion engines, fuel cells, and other renewables are anticipated to be the upcoming revolution in power generation. In this training course, the ammonia-based energy production technologies that have been developed across the globe are explained. Also, the objectives of several international collaborations focusing on the development of ammonia-based energy technologies are described. Ammonia engines that were developed recently are described along with their advantages and challenges. In addition to this, ammonia gas turbines are discussed along with plans for their research and development. Lastly, the growth of ammonia fuel cells is summarized, and the current challenges faced by these technologies are described. Recommendations to enhance the performances of present direct type ammonia fuel cells are also provided.
This PetroKnowledge training course will highlight:
- The hydrogen economy concept is elucidated, highlighting the advancement plans of this notion of a carbon-free society.
- The fundamental fuel cell phenomena are explained through other energy conversion devices, including engines and batteries.
- Compared to other electrochemical devices, fuel cells' electrochemical phenomena show similarities and differences in their operation.
- The future energy trends, options, and opportunities
- Technologies and Commercialization of Fuel Cells
What are the Goals?
By the end of this training course, the participants will be able to:
- Understand the Hydrogen economy concept, including electricity generation, transportation, metal refining, fertilizer production, and synthetic fuel production.
- Master the Fuel cell working principles
- Learn the Classification of Fuel Cells, chemical and physical phenomena, Electrodes, and Electrolytes in a Fuel Cell.
- Learn to calculate Fuel Cell performance
- Understand the advantages of highly efficient single-step conversion of chemical to electrical energy, and applications of fuel cells
- Learn the Future Energy Solutions using Ammonia energy; Ammonia engines; Ammonia gas turbines; and Ammonia fuel cells.
Who is this Training Course For?
This training course is suitable for a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- To fully understand the future technologies, Geologists, Engineers, Financial Analysts, Accountants, Lawyers, IT technicians, and Managers in the Oil & Gas energy sector
- Business Development Professionals in Energy Industry
- Corporate Planners, Investment Analysts, Oil & Gas Directors would appreciate the gist of a comprehensive energy study program.
- More senior Oil & Gas executives are intrigued by the various clean energy concepts and utilize their resources to produce Hydrogen and move forward with the Energy Industry transformation.
- This seminar must include Project managers, Engineers, Supply Planners & Scheduling Professionals, Traders, and Sales Personnel.
- As the industry transforms, Auditing personnel, Compliance officers, Equity analyst and Bankers, Joint Venture officers, Negotiators, and Contracting professionals
How with this Training Course be Presented?
This training course on Developing Clean Energy and Hydrogen Economy from Sustainable Ammonia Production, will utilize various proven adult learning techniques that ensure maximum understanding, comprehension, and retention of the information presented. The daily workshops will be highly interactive and participative. This course combines PowerPoint presentation with interactive practical exercises, supported by videos, group discussion activities, and business case studies.
By sending their employees to this training course, the organization will gain a broader range of skills that participants gain and apply in their workspace to benefit their respective companies directly.
- It offers a broader management perspective of the global energy business and highlights the success factors in each category of several business models.
- It presents the Hydrogen Energy of the future with clarity of various technologies and applications.
- Defines how innovations in energy technologies help drive job growth and economic growth and improve living standards worldwide.
- Clarifies how we can achieve these goals while delivering value to shareholders.
- Inculcates the corporate culture of effectively dealing with the core issues, tactics, and essential concepts of successfully running the energy business.
Each participant will enhance the Energy Industry's technical knowledge and business skills to benefit his/her career growth directly.
- Master the core competencies of the current and future energy technologies.
- Sharpen the business skills by learning those techniques that improve capital productivity, return on investment, and operational excellence.
- Understand the value chain optimization in Energy Industry and apply it at the workplace to enhance shareholders' value.
- Be fully cognizant of success factors of the Energy Industry's different categories – oil & gas Companies, Refining & Petrochemical Companies, and Renewables their relative strengths and weaknesses.
Day One: The Energy Industry and its transformation
- Overview of this Course
- History of Dominant Energy Resources
- Convention and Unconventional Oil & Gas, and LNG Industry
- The Upstream exploration, production, transportation & distribution Oil, Gas, and LNG
- The Downstream Refining and Petrochemicals
- The Success Factors – Sales, Marketing & Trading
- The future trends in Upstream and Downstream
- The problem of Climate Change
- What is Global Warming?
- The Clean Air Act
- The Detrimental Impacts
- The recent events in different parts of the world
- The Food Security of the World
Day Two: The Fuel Cell Fundamentals
- Understanding the Dynamics of Oil & Gas – Supply and Demand
- The Future of Energy Mix
- Hydrogen Economy
- Fuel Cells and Heat Engines
- Fuel Cells Working Principles
- Chemical & Physical Phenomena in fuel Cell
- Performance of Fuel Cells
- Advantages and Applications of Fuel Cells
- Fuel Cell Classification
Day Three: The Clean Energy Options and Opportunities
- Types of Fuels
- Hydrogen Fuel
- Alcohol Fuels
- Alkane Fuels
- Ammonia Fuel
- Classification of Ammonia Cells
- Direct Ammonia Fuel Cells entailing oxygen anion conducting oxide electrode
- Direct ammonia fuel cells entailing proton-conducting solid oxide electrolyte
- Direct ammonia fuel cells with alkaline electrolytes
- Direct ammonia fuel cells developed at the Clean Energy Research Laboratory
- Ammonia borane fuel cells
- Ammonia Borane Fuel Cells
Day Four: Moving Forward with Analysis, Modeling, & Integration of Technologies
- Analysis and modeling
- Thermodynamics of ammonia fuel cells
- Electrochemical study of ammonia fuel cells
- Integrated Ammonia Fuel Cell systems
- Integrated AFC and thermal energy storage system
- DAFC combined with solar thermal power plant
- Solar tower-based multigeneration system integrated with DAFC
- Integrated ammonia internal combustion engine and DAFC-based cogeneration system
- A Solar-wind-based integrated system utilizing AFCs for energy storage to produce electricity and freshwater
- Integrated ammonia synthesis and DAFC system based on solar photovoltaic energy
- The Three futures of Flight
- Aviation – smaller and spread out?
Day Five: Case Studies and Wrap-up
- Hybrid ammonia fuel cell and battery system with regenerative electrode
- An integrated solar and geothermal-based system with direct ammonia fuel cells
- Conclusions and future directions
- Ammonia engines
- Ammonia gas turbines
- Ammonia gas turbines
- Wrap-up Summary