An Intensive 5-Day Online Training Course
Dynamic Positioning (DP) Familiarization for Maritime and Offshore Oil and Gas Professionals
We currently have no scheduled session for this Course. If you are interested in running this course, please contact our Training Department at email@example.com
Why Choose this Training Course?
Why Choose this Online Training Course?
In today’s fiercely competitive market, there is a very high market expectation for an offshore vessel to be equipped with a DP System. Statistics report that nearly 80% of the newly built Vessels are outfitted with DP systems, and the industry has come to rely on this capability. By attending this intensive training course, participants will gain an insight into the different Dynamic Positioning (DP) systems widely used in the Maritime and Offshore Oil and Gas Industry.
The industry veteran instructor will run through the fundamental philosophy of the System, its main components, and the practical use of Dynamic Positioning in different environments and applications. By the end of the online training course, the participants will become familiar with the theoretical and practical use of the DP system, to gain the level of understanding required in today’s fast-pacing market.
This PetroKnowledge online training course will highlight:
- How a DP system works
- The DP system capabilities and practical use
- The governing rules and guidelines
- The advantage and disadvantages of a DP System
- The DP modes of operations
What are the Goals?
What are the Goals?
The main goal of this Petroknowledge online training course is to equip the participant with the fundamental, although vital, knowledge of the modern Dynamic Positioning System and its ancillary’s equipments. This knowledge will undoubtedly create a distinctive advantage and will furnish participants with the skills necessary to understand this complex yet widely used system.
By the end of this PetroKnowledge online training course, participants will learn to:
- Understand the principles of a Dynamic Positioning System
- Comprehend the theoretical and practical use of the ancillary equipments
- Gain the knowledge of the practical use of the DP System on different vessels and Installations, both in shallow and deep water
- Understand the different DP Class according to the IMO and the concept of redundancy
- Identify the advantages and disadvantages of the DP Systems
Who is this Training Course for?
Who is this Online Training Course for?
This PetroKnowledge online training course is aimed at personnel involved with Dynamic Positioning who want to gain a better understanding of how the system works. It is particularly indicated to maritime and offshore personnel who are not directly involved in DP Operations, but want or need to have an insightful understanding of how the system works. The training course would also be beneficial to shore-based management of offshore vessel operating/managing companies including HR, Operations and Technical Managers.
This training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Staff Engineers
- Project Engineers
- Marine Engineers
- Vessel Managers
- Vessel Operators
- Marine Surveyors
- Operations Manager
- Technical Managers
How will this Training Course be Presented?
How will this Online Training Course be Presented?
This PetroKnowledge online training course will utilize a variety of proven online learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension, retention of the information presented. The training course is conducted online via an Advanced Virtual Learning Platform in the comfort of your choice location.
Organization will benefit from having employees, not directly involved with Dynamic Positioning System, with a better understanding of this complex technology. This will enable companies to have key players with an insight into guidelines and documentation affecting DP operations. The combination of these elements will enable participants to best utilise DP equipped vessels and understand their limitations.
The participants will gain new knowledge and will have the opportunity to interact with industry experts and colleagues who are most likely facing the same work challenges. In brief, the benefits for the participants can be summarized as follows:
- New skills and knowledge can be acquired
- Existing skills and knowledge can be enhanced or updated
- Improvements in confidence, job satisfaction, capability and competence
- Learning is progressed to practice in the workplace
- Increased capacity to adopt new ideas and methods
- Learning is used to improve performance at work
- Learning is shared, enhancing team performance
Day One: Introduction to the Dynamic Positioning
- Definition and Principles of DP
- Definition of the main components in the DP system and their roles
- Position reference systems
- Practical operation of the DP system
Day Two: Power Management and Sensors
- Environment sensors and ancillary equipment
- Power generation and supply and propulsion
- DP Class as per IMO
- Functions of a power management system on Class 2 and Class 3 DP vessels
- Provision of uninterruptible power supply to the DP system
- Different types of propulsion systems commonly installed on DP Vessels
Day Three: DP Operations and Industry Expectations
- DP operations
- Industry expectations
- DP Risk Management
- Reliability on DP Systems
- Human element
- Advantages and Disadvantages of the DP
Day Four: Guidelines and Class Requirements
- IMO Guidelines for DP Operations
- Class Requirements
- The need for procedures, checklists and logbook entries, emergency and contingency planning
- Critical activity mode (CAMO)
- Activity specific operating guidelines (ASOG)
- Task appropriate mode (TAM)
Day Five: DP Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA)
- External Forces on DP System
- Brief description of DP FMEA
- Brief description of Annual DP Trials
- Review of DP Incidents
- On successful completion of this online training course, a PetroKnowledge E-Certificate will be awarded to the delegates