|CM105||21 - 25 Jun 2021||Amsterdam - The Netherlands||5,950|
*All fees are exclusive of VAT
Why Choose this Training Course?
This highly interactive Contractor Management training course will ensure that delegates understand how contractor management will fit in the Asset Management context - how to select the right contractor and contract type which suits your sourcing strategy and how to manage and monitor the results. Further, topics such as risk management, safety-health-environment aspects, partnerships, negotiating, people management (winning the hearts of the people) and applying contracts in a complex project environment (Turnkey contracts, Public Private Partnerships PPP) will be considered.
Delegates will have the opportunity to discuss the existing contracts used in the organization. Through a combination of formal lectures and group work, delegates will leave the course with the tools to make contracts and contract management highly effective.
This training course will highlight:
- Sourcing strategy within Asset Management
- Contract types incl. Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) and Design & Construct (D&C)
- Selecting the best contractor – procurement aspects
- Risk management & SHE
- Monitoring & managing performance with Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- Negotiating the contract
- Contractor management in a project environment – Turnkey, PPP contracts
- Managing the behaviour of people to get sustainable results
- Continuous improvement aspects
What are the Goals?
At the end of this training course, you will learn to:
- Explain the basic elements of effective contractor management and its position within asset management
- Evaluate bids and proposals and choose the right contractor
- Identify, evaluate and manage the risks involved (SHE, performance)
- Manage & monitor the contractor performance in an innovative way
- Develop and negotiate contracts
Who is this Training Course for?
This PetroKnowledge training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Facility management teams
- Contract management teams
- Operations & Maintenance professionals
- Reliability, Asset & Plant professionals
- Shutdown and Turnaround management teams
- All professionals involved in contractor management
- Production & Continuous Improvement professionals
- Anyone who wishes to update themselves on contractor management
- All professionals negotiating, managing and verifying contracts in maintenance & technical projects
How will this Training Course be Presented?
The training course will be conducted along interactive workshop principles. There will be a variance of lectures and practical exercises. Experiences from different areas will be discussed. There will be many opportunities for discussion and sharing experiences.
Day One: Contractor Management Basics
- Overview of contractor management
- How does it relate to asset management?
- (Out)sourcing strategies
- Risks involved – risk management & SHE aspects
- Grounding the maintenance contract with a Risk Based Maintenance concept – how to keep that knowledge in-house
Day Two: Contract Types for Maintenance & Technical Projects
- Contracts – basic types
- Contracts – complex types (Turnkey, Design & Construct, Public Private Partnerships)
- Procurement aspects
- Choosing the right contractor
- Monitoring & managing contractor performance – from traditional penalties & rewards to more innovative ways
Day Three: Developing the Contract
- The contracting cycle
- Requirements / service levels, RAMS aspects (Reliability Availability Maintainability Safety)
- Writing the contract
- Periodic evaluation & continuous improvement – vendor management
Day Four: People Management & Negotiation Aspects
- Implementing contract management
- How to make it work by influencing the behaviour of people
- Negotiating the contract
- Negotiation ploys
- Negotiation tactics & tips
Day Five: Final Workshop
In a very interactive workshop all major topics of this seminar will be highlighted and practised in groups. Major topics will be:
- Requirements / service levels – defining what you want
- Tendering process
- Contractor selection
- Contractor management – measuring & managing the performance
The Registered Education Provider (R.E.P. ID:4349) status with the Project Management Institute (PMI®) enables PetroKnowledge to issue applicable Professional Development Hours/Units (PDHs/PDUs) to participants on our Project Management oriented training courses, to help them achieve or maintain PMI® professional credentials.
The PMI® Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- On successful completion of this training course, PetroKnowledge Certificate will be awarded to the delegates
- On successful completion of this PetroKnowledge training course, Certificate with eligible Professional Development Units (PDUs) / Contact Hours from Project Management Institute (PMI®), will be awarded to the delegates
In Association With
Our collaboration with GLOMACS aims to provide the best training services and benefits for our valued clients
Read more about Effective Contractor Management in Maintenance & Technical Projects below:
Project Management Institute, A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide), PMBOK® Guide – Sixth Edition (2017).