Why Choose this Training Course?
The increasing demand of oil by the global industry develops very good opportunity for more applications of current and advanced enhanced oil techniques in mature oil fields. This course is designed to provide participants with comprehensive understanding of different design aspects, types, screening criteria, and field application of current, advanced and emerging technologies of Enhanced oil Recovery (EOR) processes.
The goal of this five-day PetroKnowledge training course is to present basics, problems, advanced solutions, field applications of chemical, miscible, and thermal EOR methods, and emerging technologies of different EOR processes with actual field cases. Today, it is better to apply EOR in a secondary mode. Detailed advanced EOR methods of steam assisted gravity drainage (SAGD), Low Salinity (LSW), Vapor Extraction (VAPEX), microbial and enzyme, microwave, electric, and hybrid chemical-thermal-miscible methods will be discussed. All of these techniques suffer from several problems of accurate reservoir characterization, difficult screening actual severe heterogeneous reservoir, pilot design, and field implementations. The course is designed as an interactive learning environment of lecturing, industry videos, and solved field cases.
This training course will feature:
- Rock and fluid properties for better reservoir characterization
- Classify and screen different EOR methods for current producing reservoirs
- Screen actual reservoir(s) to select the best EOR method for your reservoir
- Maximize oil recovery using chemical, miscible, and thermal EOR methods
- Know newly-developed EOR methods of chemical, thermal, miscible, hybrid EOR methods
- Understand Microbial, Low Salinity Water, SAGD, VAPEX, THAI, microwave, electric methods
- Understand different problems and proposed solutions of different EOR processes