Why Choose this Course?
The course will discuss the performance of pressure vessels, storage tanks, thermal equipment, piping systems and fluid transport machinery components under various operating conditions including in-depth explanation on the process of material degradation such as corrosion, erosion, fatigue and others that may lead to component failure.
It will present the best practices from High Reliability Organizations (HROs) with respect to both excellence and safety. HRO is a term that refers to industries such as oil and gas, process, nuclear and aviation, where they possess a high degree of reliability despite their hazardous environment. It shows how organizations can learn from failures and near misses, as well as from other industries. Operational excellence will cover aspects of safety, risk, reliability, and quality management. This will include best practice at both strategic and operational levels, as well as in specific areas that relate to management skills, reliability and decision analysis, benchmarking, and information systems.
Several examples and case studies included in the workshops and will demonstrate the application of Fitness for Service (FFS) assessment method that enables quantitative evaluation of the remaining life in service of any component of equipment. Failure prevention methods will also be discussed and explained.
The course will feature:
- Explanation of mechanical design of pressurized equipment according to ASME Code
- Consideration of best operating conditions: Integrity Operating Window and MOC
- Analysis of damage and degradation mechanisms that affect process equipment and piping
- Guidance for selecting the most appropriate inspection method based on API code guidelines
- Procedure for assessing the existing flaws and defects in the given component
- Understanding of safety, risk and continuity of operations
- Development of people management skills
- Mastering techniques that can enhance plant reliability
- How to conduct benchmarking and quality systems auditing
- Applying decision analysis approaches
This comprehensive programme consists of two modules which can be booked as a 10 Day Training event, or as individual, 5 Day courses.
Module 1 – Process Equipment & Piping Systems: Design, Operation, Failure Evaluation & Repairs
Module 2 - Operational Excellence in the Process Industry: The Key to a Lean and Low-Risk Failure