Why Choose this Training Course?
This PetroKnowledge training course provides the participant with an intensive training on the concepts of the petrophysical interpretation and well logging; in-depth understanding of the physical principles of the tools used in the logging operation and will cover the complete interpretation workflow for formation evaluation.
More specifically, by the end of this PetroKnowledge training course, the participants will understand the rock and fluid properties; be able to read and interpret well logs; analyse the measurements and run the environmental corrections for the logging tools. The course will include an extensive training for the log analysis starting with lithology identification, shale volume, porosity and water saturation.
In addition to this, the course will fully cover the quality control and quality assurance process for the raw well logs and the interpretation outputs. The participants will be able to determine the reservoir fluid contacts and free water level; the basic Core analysis studies required for reducing the uncertainty in the log interpretation outputs such as porosity, permeability and fluid saturation.
This PetroKnowledge training course will highlight:
- Tools’ physical principles and applications in formation evaluation
- Full Quality Control and Quality Assurance for logging tools’ measurements
- Detecting lithology and understanding the crossplots applications in the petrophysical workflow
- Different log analysis workflows and QC on the outputs
- Core analysis applications in reservoir characterization
- Practical training examples from different reservoir types