Why Choose this Training Course?
This PetroKnowledge Gas Conditioning & Processing training course covers the basic concepts and techniques necessary to design, specify and manage gas field production facilities. It includes complete and up-to-date overview of gas conditioning and processing technology and provides a clear understanding of the equipment and processes used in common separation and gas treating systems.
The training course will also cover gas dehydration, sweetening and gas processing operations and the integration between the individual processing operations will be clarified. The gathering, separation and final treatment systems for natural gas will be discussed, as well as the concepts of export quality natural gas, field and fiscal measurements error. The products (Natural Gas, Condensate, Commercial Propane and Commercial Butane, etc.) specifications and the processes available to condition the gas in order to meet these requirements will also be covered.
Hydrocarbon reconciliation and allocation of produced fluids to the contributing reservoirs are explained and supported by exercises to cement the learning of the various topics treated. This PetroKnowledge training course will enable the participants to develop a “feel” for the important parameters of designing and operating a production facility. The participants will understand the uncertainties and assumptions inherent in designing and using the equipment in these systems and the limitations, advantages and disadvantages associated with their use.
This training course will feature:
- Gas conditioning and processing principles and systems
- Gas liquid separation systems
- Mercury removal units
- Type of dehydration processes: absorption and alternative operating conditions
- TEG equipment: gas scrubbers, glycol contactors, flash tank, filters, glycol cooler, regenerator and stripping gas
- Gas sweetening technologies
- Operation of conditioning systems
- Troubleshooting of equipment used in gas conditioning
- Basics on dew point depression units