|26 - 30 Sep 2021
||Dubai - UAE
|05 - 09 Jun 2022
||Dubai - UAE
|25 - 29 Sep 2022
||Dubai - UAE
Why Choose this Training Course?
The role of organizations is under increasing scrutiny with regards to the carbon footprint and sustainability of their activities. Organizations are setting targets for achieving net-zero greenhouse gas emissions and the role of hydrogen as a green alternative fuel is becoming a key component in the future energy mix.
There are huge opportunities and challenges to achieving these strategic environmental goals with the safe use of hydrogen across the consumer platforms. Global demand for hydrogen as a fuel is expected to grow year on year, and this growth will be driven by organizations adapting their technologies and energy markets.
This PetroKnowledge training course provides an in-depth view of the hydrogen fuel cycle, from production to use by a consumer. With the benefit of reducing absolute emissions and driving new energy supply chains.
What are the Goals?
Organisations like most other countries worldwide recognise the importance of decarbonising their activities to meet climate change emissions. This is the biggest energy challenge facing the world today with considerable investigations and advances are being made to utilize hydrogen as an alternative future fuel to meet these emission targets.
By the end of this training course, the participants will be able to:
- Identify the challenges and opportunities of the organizations most significant energy sources and consumers for the use of hydrogen fuel
- Understand the full cycle of hydrogen as a fuel from production to use by the consumer
- Be informed of new energy infrastructure requirements for hydrogen fuel
- Understand current hydrogen technology
- Identification of safety challenges and mitigations for the use of hydrogen
Who is this Training Course For?
This training course is suitable for professionals working within a management or technical function for an industrial installation looking to broaden their understanding of and developing sustainability and energy management systems. Also, suitable for organisations of significant energy consumption such as process plants (oil refineries, gas processing plants, petrochemicals, fertilizer plants), utility companies, transmission and distribution companies, commercial properties (pharmaceuticals processing, cement, sugar, starch processing etc), metal industries (steel and aluminium mills etc).
This training course is suitable for a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Energy Managers
- Technical Managers and Supervisors
- Environmental Managers and Supervisors
- Corporate Strategy and Business Development in the Energy Sector
- Engineers and Technicians within Industrial functions
- Consultants who wish to evaluate the benefits of adopting sustainability and energy management techniques
How with this Training Course be Presented?
Participants to this training course will receive thorough training during this seminar and practical group interaction, discussions, and exercises. Participants will develop the skills necessary to understand and effectively explore opportunities and challenges to hydrogen as a future fuel for industrial and domestic applications.
To be a recognized leading organization in the 21st Century, it is increasingly important to reduce its impact on the environment. Adopting green fuels such as hydrogen is seen as a key factor in decarbonizing an organizations operation.
The key benefits to organizations are:
- Operate in a sustainable and energy-efficient manner
- Meet the needs of customers and communities
- Improve upon the existing operations
- Develop new business opportunities
- Readiness to adopt future energy scenarios; and
- Generate values
In this course, the participants will understand the key role hydrogen fuel plays in the evolving energy industry as countries seek to deliver security of supply and reducing carbon emissions.
They will be able to identify the key points for consideration to manage hydrogen energy processes. The course will cover a wide range of topics, including production, operational and safety aspects.
The participants will know how to raise the profile at their workplace for the importance of:
- Safety considerations for hydrogen fuel operations and processes
- The use of hydrogen
- Hydrogen Technology Developments
- The future trends within the hydrogen energy industry
Day One: The Role of Hydrogen In The Future Energy Mix
- Global view of current energy uses
- Climate Change Drivers
- Future energy mix to decarbonise economies
- The role of hydrogen in reducing greenhouse gas emissions
- Properties of hydrogen
Day Two: Operational Hydrogen Considerations
- Current Hydrogen Production
- Electrolysis Technologies
- Future hydrogen production, blue and green hydrogen
- Hydrogen Fuel Cells Technology
- Energy networks and the transition to hydrogen fuel
- Hydrogen Storage Solutions
Day Three: Use of Hydrogen In Industrial Applications
- Operational challenges and solutions for decarbonising industry
- Use of Hydrogen Fuel Cells
- Adapting Current Technology
- Electrical batteries charge times vs hydrogen refilling times
- Economic Inflation Considerations
Day Four: Use of Hydrogen In Domestic Applications
- Current and future energy scenarios for domestic consumers
- Use of Hydrogen in Space Heating and Cooking
- Hydrogen Distribution Networks
- Fuel Gas Quality Considerations
- Current Hydrogen Technology and Research
Day Five: Hydrogen Safety Considerations and Mitigations
- Comparison of the properties of hydrogen to other fuels
- Stoichiometry and Flammability Range
- Safety Mitigations
- Equipment Selection and Instrumentation Requirements
- Safety Incidents and Case Studies