Pre-Contract Risk Assessment within the Oil & Gas industry is central. This training course aims to offer a review to common oil and gas contracts with specific emphasis on identifying common contractual pitfalls in light of Covid-19, many contracts had to be negotiated and/or re-negotiated during Covid-19 and so you will enhance your ability to do so in order to mitigate risk through commercial clauses and to increase profitability.
The PetroKnowledge training course offers a thorough analysis to the concept of risk management and the various tools in place to mitigate risk, before discussing the general commercial risks associated with placing contracts within the Oil and Gas Industry. The hands-on practical exercises will give you an understanding of the art of negotiations.
Delegates will understand the components of “the deal”, timing, strategies for gaining the upper hand in negotiations, games opponents play, good vs. bad negotiations and the pitfalls of positional bargaining. After attending this training course, delegates will be better equipped to negotiate profitably with international companies and governments in order to enforceable agreements that contain terms and conditions most productive for their company.
This training course will highlight:
- The interactions of national legal systems in this field and the contractual frameworks
- The impact of Covid-19 on oil and gas business
- Negotiating contracts profitably post Covid-19
- Understanding boilerplate contractual provisions and the risk associated with these
- Arbitration and Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) Techniques