Why Choose this Training Course?
A plant turnaround or planned shutdown for scheduled maintenance and modification of plant and process unit are the most expensive, complex and difficult to manage maintenance projects in oil, gas and petrochemical industry, typically accounting for about 25% of the maintenance expenditure. It is a scheduled period of non-production where day-to-day operations cease completely and focus shifts to plant modifications, maintenance-related activities, cleaning, inspection and repair. During this time, the plant’s employees and outside contractors, work around the clock to get everything ready for the plant or process unit to resume its regular production and operations.
Speed is critical when it comes to shutdowns because they are extremely expensive in terms of production lost, increased labor and equipment expenses. Turnarounds, therefore, can strongly affect a company’s bottom line. A turnaround that goes badly, lasts for too long, or exceeds its budget could result in the company unexpectedly incurring losses. On the other hand, a turnaround that is executed successfully and stays within its budget and timeline will make a huge contribution to the plant’s economic efficiency and safety.
This training course will feature:
- Overview of typical turnaround management techniques
- Analysing, compiling and communicating the initial scope and estimates of a turnaround project
- Managing a turnaround project from planning and execution to handover stage using a case study
- Applying the appropriate shutdown planning and best practices to ensure shutdown duration can be reduced to avoid unnecessary work and making a proper schedule
- Developing an effective maintenance plan for shutdowns to ensure shutdown work quality gets improved with minimal chances of rework
- Using appropriate techniques to identify risks and manage them effectively
- Managing available resources (personnel, materials and equipment) for a turnaround project so that reduced cost is possible due to effective usage of resources
- Developing the turnaround management plan, resource plans, budget and work plans in order to achieve improved planning and communication