|MN142q||03 - 07 Mar 2019||Dubai - UAE||4,950|
|MN142q||15 - 19 Sep 2019||Dubai - UAE||4,950|
|MN142q||08 - 12 Dec 2019||Dubai - UAE||4,950|
*All fees are exclusive of VAT
Why Choose this Training Course?
This PetroKnowledge Problem Solving & Decision Making Skills training course will focus on the best practice methods in describing, analysing and solving any problem, incident, issue or complaint from a daily practice – technical or non-technical. This highly interactive training course will also help the delegates provide recommendations or make decisions, with the highest quality and maximum acceptance. It will help you guarantee flawless execution of actions, regardless if it is a single activity or a complex project.
The world around us is getting more and more complex than ever and so does our daily engineering & maintenance work. Every day we are confronted with a wide variety of problems and decisions that require a rational response. Skills for complex problem solving, decision making and risk analysis are therefore key to remain successful.
Applying a structured approach to problem solving and decision making enables you to choose and implement the best solutions for your problems and improve the quality of your decision making process that will mitigate your risks and save time and money significantly.
This training course will highlight:
- The increasing relevance of problem solving and decision making methods in general as well as in asset management
- Classic issues and pitfalls in problem solving and decision making
- A generic approach for every issue to solve and decision to make
- Rational and creative methods to support this approach: Event Mapping, Problem Analysis, Human Factor Analysis, Decision Analysis and Risk Analysis
- Effective application and implementation of these methods in daily practice
What are the Goals?
Problem Solving and Decision Making skills for Engineers and Technical Professionals presents a structured and transparent approach with methods to help you to describe, analyse, solve and prevent problems effectively and to make the best decisions with maximum acceptance.
By the end of this training course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the increasing necessity of using sound methods for problem solving and decision making
- Involve the right people in the right way in any analysis
- Solve and prevent issues and problems more rapidly and effectively
- Make better decisions and recommendations
- Communicate and present analysis, solutions and recommendations with maximum understanding and acceptance
- Apply and implement the methods learned in daily practice immediately after the training
Who is this Training Course for?
You work at tactical or management level and want to increase your effectiveness in problem solving and decision making. You are therefore looking for a structured and easy to apply approach to any issue. This training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- All professionals involved in problem solving and decision making within maintenance, engineering, technology and production
- Anyone who wishes to update themselves on problem solving and decision making, judge the suitability of these methods for their needs, and learn how to implement them for the benefit of their organizations
How will this Training Course be Presented?
Participants to this training course will receive a thorough training on the subjects covered by the seminar outline, with a combination of theory, practical examples, many exercises and application on issues from their own work environment. Besides a comprehensive training manual, participants will receive additional materials like process cards, work sheets, case descriptions, sample solutions, etc.
By attending this training course, your organization will get sustainable results:
- Issues and problems will be analysed to the full extend and presented in a holistic, visual and therefore easy to understand way
- Complex problems will be solved more rapidly and more effectively, preventing recurrence and providing tangible contribution to business performance
- Business decisions will be better, with maximum acceptance of all stakeholders
- Projects or other plans will be implemented with a minimum of problems and risks
- The structured approach for solving problems, making decision and managing risks will enhance communication and collaboration between all people involved
- The methods presented, enables the organisation to significantly improve any existing continuous improvement approach
By attending this training course the participants will:
- Understand the increasing importance of problem solving and decision making skills
- Learn about their own pitfalls while solving problems and making decisions
- Be skilled to describe, analyse, solve and prevent any issue or problem in daily practice
- Be skilled to make better decisions and provide better recommendations
- Be skilled to assess any plan or activity and make it more robust
- Gain many ideas about the way the problem solving and decision making methods could be used and best implemented in practice
- Significantly improve their personal effectiveness and boost their future career opportunities
Day One: Introduction
- Introduction to the program
- Introduction: Problem Solving & Decision Making
- Introduction: Generic Approaches for Problem Solving and Continuous Improvement (Deming circle, Kaizen, 8D, DEMAIC, RATIO)
- Introduction of Problem Solving Methods (5 Why, Ishikawa, Fault tree, Apollo, etc.)
- Introduction: RATIO-approach
- Introduction: Case and Demo
Day Two: Reflect on your Problem
- Theory: RATIO-step - Reflect
- Introduction case to determine the root cause
- Theory: Event Mapping
- Event Mapping exercises
- Application of Event Mapping in daily practice
Day Three: Analyse Technical Problems
- Theory: RATIO-step - Analyse
- Theory: Problem Analysis - Describe the problem (IS/IS-NOT)
- Theory: Problem Analysis - Determine possible causes (brainstorming, using characteristics and changes, using Ishikawa-diagram)
- Theory: Problem Analysis - Determine true cause(s)
- Exercises in Problem Analysis
- Completion of Event Map with outcome of Problem Analysis
Day Four: Analyse Human or Organizational Problems – Determine Best Solutions
- Theory: Human Factor Analysis
- Exercise: Human Factor Analysis
- Theory: RATIO-step - Target (alternative and best solutions)
- Theory: Decision Analysis
- Exercise: Decision Analysis
- Completion of Event Map with outcome of Human Factor Analysis and Decision Analysis
Day Five: Implement, Observe and Evaluate Results
- Theory: RATIO-step - Implement
- Theory: Risk Analysis
- Exercise: Risk Analysis
- Theory: RATIO-step - Observe and Evaluate
- Implementation of problem solving & decision making methods in daily practice
- Evaluation and closure of training
PetroKnowledge is an ILM Recognised Provider (Centre ID#806199D) and offers endorsed training courses. Aside from PetroKnowledge’s Certificate of Completion, participants will be able to pursue ILM Endorsed Certification (which typically involves passing an additional study, either a work based assignment or on-demand assessment) after the conclusion of this ILM endorsed training course.
- Failure Mode Effect and Criticality Analysis (FMECA) Facilitator Skills Training
- Root Cause Analysis
- Innovative Root Cause Analysis
- Optimising Equipment Maintenance& Replacement Decisions
- Root Cause Analysis (RCA) Facilitator Training
This training course is endorsed by the ILM. Opting to receive an ILM-endorsed certificate requires you to accomplish an on-the-job assessment component applying the knowledge gained on the training course to your area of responsibility. You need to consider the modules and topics covered in this PetroKnowledge training course when developing your assessment.
Following attendance on this programme Certification with ILM requires you to complete a couple of case studies, actual cases from your own work environment, to demonstrate knowledge and skills in problem solving and decision-making methods. You can use all training materials, help- and work sheets as well as case examples provided during the training as reference.
Your tasks are:
- to conduct a root cause analysis on a case study using Event Mapping
- to conduct a root cause analysis on a case study using Problem Analysis
- to give a recommendation on a case study using Decision Analysis