|MG212||10 - 14 Dec 2018||Houston TX - USA||6,950|
|MG212||22 - 26 Apr 2019||New York - USA||6,950|
|MG212||09 - 13 Dec 2019||Houston TX - USA||6,950|
*All fees are exclusive of VAT
Why Choose this Training Course?
This PetroKnowledge Training Course on Evaluating Collaborative Development Opportunities is concerned with one of the most important activities in the development of business – critical analysis and evaluation of potential investors and partners. All businesses are becoming more complex in structure, technology, competition and strategic choice. Consequently, a company’s relationships with potential investors and partners now require a significantly higher standard of appraisal and focus than has been the case in the past.
This high-level 5-day PetroKnowledge training course will concentrate on the application of leading-edge tools and techniques of due diligence in evaluating opportunities for creating effective relationships with these two strategically significant stakeholder categories.
Due diligence is multi-dimensional. It is based on an understanding of needs and objectives of potential investors and partners; their decision criteria; their compatibility with the strategic and operational objectives of our own company; and finally, it requires a structured process by which attraction and integration of new investors and partners can be accomplished effectively in order to sustain continuous improvement in the profitable growth of the company.
This PetroKnowledge training course will highlight the following key topics:
- The changing dynamics of global business
- Due diligence in financial appraisal of potential investors and partners
- Due diligence in non-financial appraisal of potential investors and partners
- The specific risks and rewards of development by alliances and joint ventures
- Integrating collaborative relationships into your business strategy
Training Objectives click here
What are the Goals?
At the end of this PetroKnowledge training course on Evaluating Collaborative Development Opportunities, you will learn how to:
- Identify the required characteristics of new investors and partners
- Evaluate the past performance and future potential of new investors and partners
- Select and engage with new investors and partners
- Anticipate and deal with the challenges of integrating new investors and partners
- Measure the strategic impact of adding the new relationships
Target Audience click here
Who is this Training Course for?
This course is designed to be relevant for a wide range of experienced professionals - for example the following categories of managers:
- Corporate finance officers
- Strategic planners and investment analysts
- Internal auditors and management accountants
- Operations and supply chain managers
- Merger and acquisition specialists
- Organisational development specialists
Training Methods click here
How will this be Presented?
The training process is based on a carefully planned combination of highly focused inputs by the training course leader, using a balanced set of state-of-the-art presentation mechanisms. The emphasis will be on learning by examining major decisions in which the use of best practice principles of due diligence has been critical. Above all, the principles and approaches to this subject will be illustrated by reference to real-life organisations with which the course leader has been personally involved.
In addition, delegates will be encouraged to introduce issues for open discussion and creative thought. Specifically, we will use the following training methods:
- Presentations by the course leader on tools and techniques of due diligence
- Group work on case studies based on analysis, interaction and discussion
- Focused problem-solving exercises, including “outside the box” thinking
- Interactive discussions of issues that currently affect the company
- Creating personal and team plans for effective application of the course
Organisational Impact click here
In sending delegates to this PetroKnowledge training course the company will gain the following benefits:
- Greater rigor in choosing mechanisms of business development
- Introduction of due diligence into all aspects of decisions
- Top management having more confidence in the decisions of staff
- A creative and flexible approach to investor relations
- Sharper focus on the potential of partnerships, alliances and joint ventures
- Managers with a broader global perspective on investor/partner relationships
Personal Impact click here
In attending this PetroKnowledge training course delegates will acquire the following skills and competencies:
- Extending the boundaries of individual and team potential
- Improved creativity in developing the business
- Detailed understanding of the tools and techniques of due diligence
- Greater confidence in managing investor and partner relationships
- Applying innovative approaches in sustaining profitable growth
- Introducing best practice in due diligence to all teams
Daily Agenda click here
Day One: The Basics of Due Diligence in Business Decisions
- The changing dynamics of global business
- The strategic relevance of due diligence in market analysis
- The strategic relevance of due diligence in financial management
- The strategic relevance of due diligence in merger and acquisition
- The strategic relevance of due diligence in business planning
Day Two: Due Diligence in Market Analysis
- Market analysis (1) – data search and business intelligence
- Market analysis (2) – analytical tools and techniques
- How attractive is the market sector that we are evaluating?
- How strong is our performance in this market sector?
- What is the potential for sustainable profitable growth?
Day Three: Due Diligence in Financial Management
- Profit and loss statement – what this signifies
- Balance sheet – what this signifies
- Cash flow statement – what this signifies
- Evaluating the financial anatomy – structure and gearing
- Evaluating the financial anatomy – robustness and sustainability
Day Four: Due Diligence in Risk Analysis & Risk Management
- Identification of types of risk in this company
- Quantitative and qualitative tools and techniques of risk analysis
- Best practice in risk management – a structured process
- The emerging concept of “risk engineering”
- International standards and requirements of corporate governance
Day Five: Due Diligence in Strategic Planning
- What is strategy and why is it important?
- Alternative approaches to strategic planning
- Management and control – dealing with variance and divergence
- Balancing short-term and long-term programmes and projects
- Example of a strategic planning framework
- Discussion and plan – how to apply themes 1-5 in your company
Related Courses click here
- The Challenge of Globalisation
- The 10-Day Essential Skills for Oil & Gas Managers & Supervisors
- Advanced Safety Leadership
- Competency Development for Supervisory Excellence in the Oil, Gas & Petrochemicals Industry
- QMS Audit and IFRS for Oil & Gas Industry
- Strategic Planning and Execution
VAT Announcement: The Government of UAE have introduced Value Added Tax (VAT) on goods and services from 01-January-2018. In compliance with the legislation issued by the UAE Government, we will be applying a 5% VAT on the fees for all our programs and services offered from January 2018 as applicable and stipulated in the FTA circulars.