|HR018q||20 - 24 Apr 2020||Houston TX - USA||6,950|
|HR018q||13 - 17 Jul 2020||Houston TX - USA||6,950|
|HR018q||31 Aug - 04 Sep 2020||Bogota - Colombia||6,950|
|HR018q||06 - 10 Sep 2020||Dubai - UAE||5,950|
|HR018q||09 - 13 Nov 2020||Rio De Janeiro - Brazil||6,950|
|HR018q||07 - 11 Dec 2020||Mexico City - Mexico||6,950|
|HR018q||14 - 18 Dec 2020||London - UK||5,950|
*All fees are exclusive of VAT
Why Choose this Training Course?
Identifying, developing and retaining your talent has never been more important for the oil and gas industry with the ever changing economic market. An organisations best and most valuable asset is undoubtedly the people; as it’s the people who operate the systems, the equipment and who can really make the difference between growth or failure. Losing or not being able to recruit the best talent can have a disastrous impact on an organization’s growth and sustainability. This highly-interactive course will teach you the key talent management processes, systems and procedures in order to apply these in the multi-complex and diverse Oil and Gas industry.
On this Professional Talent Manager training course, you will gain insight into innovative talent identification methods, develop targeted grading structures, review and develop competency/behavioural frameworks as well as how to grade and assess your talent/high potentials with the effective use of psychometric tools and other assessment methods. In addition, you will define critical development options ensuring the correct development for talent in the organisation. You will also learn how to create sustained growth through active succession planning and strategy in order to ensure positive career paths and development for talent and high potential employees.
The training course will highlight:
- Alternative and new perspectives around talent management and high potential identification
- Methods and techniques of aligning Business Strategy and Talent Management in the complex multi-discipline Oil and Gas industry
- Appropriate process and systems to identify, develop and retain your talent and high potentials
- Pro-active development strategies to ensure your talent and high potential achieve their optimum performance
- Strategic direction to optimize your talent and high potential pipeline in your organization to provide continued sustainable growth
- Succession planning as a key differentiator in an organisations’ success and how this is achieved
What are the Goals?
In this PetroKnowledge training course, you will learn to:
- Understand the mechanisms to define talent, as well as manage your talent and high potential.
- Develop key strategies to optimize your talent and high potential employees
- Engage and employ robust talent strategies within the complex multi-discipline oil and gas industry
- Produce develop effective and functional succession planning strategies
- Lead and manage OCR (Organisational Capability Review) meetings to ensure pro-active succession for sustained growth
Who is this Training Course for?
This Talent Management training course will greatly benefit individuals, aligned to the identification, development and retention of talent and high potential people in the business, including:
- HR / L&D / Talent Professionals
- Training Managers
- OD Specialists
- Recruitment Officers and Managers
- Retention / Compensation personnel
- Those who wish to develop their leadership knowledge and skills in strategically managing, developing and retaining talent and high potential people
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This training course will combine tutor-led presentations with highly interactive case-studies, relevant and thought provoking exercises, practical demonstrations and facilitated discussions. Delegates will be encouraged to participate actively in relating the principles of talent management and high potential development to the particular needs of their workplace.
Day One: Defining and Attracting Talent in the Oil and Gas Industry
Competency Description: Day one will focus on the gaining a thorough understanding of the strategic importance of talent, talent management and high potential identification in the industry.
- Talent identification
- Oil and Gas demographics
- Strategic OD
- Applying OD strategic mechanisms
- Work plan decision making
Topics to be covered
- Talent Management – overview and background
- Talent / High potential - defining the criteria
- The complex dimensions of oil and gas demographics
- Talent options - recruit external – or grow internal?
- Aligning Talent Management with Organisational Development (OD) and Business Strategy
- Utilising Workforce Planning and other sources of data
- Attraction strategies – use of media and other channels
Day Two: Creating your High Potential Talent Pool
Competency Description: In order to define who your talent and high potential people are you must be competent in understanding the various mechanisms and models used.
- Models, grading and structures of talent and high potentials
- Designing assessment systems for talent
- Analyzing and using psychometric data
- Decision making and critical criteria analysis
Topics to be covered
- Talent management models, grading and structures
- Assessment methods and systems - use of Psychometric/Behavioral/Competency frameworks
- Conducting an effective Talent Gap Analysis
- ABC model of Potential – getting the criteria right
- Using the 9 Box Grid, and other methods to create your talent and high potential matrix
Day Three: Developing your Talent and High Potentials
Competency Description: a key component of the talent system is to ensure that you develop your people effectively and efficiently ensuring you target the right development for the right people.
- Performance management
- Development models and options
- Developing others
- Pro-active development strategies
- Optimizing high caliber development plans
Topics to be covered
- Defining high caliber development options
- Conducting an effective performance discussion
- Creating individual development plans
- Powerful feedback techniques: motivating individuals to achieve higher potential
- Coaching for success
Day Four: Retaining and Sustaining your Talent and High Potentials
Competency Description: you must be aware and develop strategies to ensure that you are able to retain your best people and ensure a productive talent pipeline
- Retention management
- Reward strategies
- Influence and customer focus
- Creating sustainable pipeline
Topics to be covered
- Career paths – guidance for growth
- Using mentoring programmes to develop and retain your talent
- Reward strategies - intrinsic and extrinsic incentives to motive your talent
- Managing expectations and delivering workable outcomes
- Growth rotation development (assignments, experience strategies)
- Creating a sustainable talent pipeline
Day Five: Strategic Succession Planning and Organisational Capability Review
Competency Description: to ensure continued and sustainable growth it is paramount that critcla roles are identified and succession plans are undertaken to minimize business and market risk.
- Analysis and criticality identification
- Leading and influencing people
- Communication skills
- Presenting business information
Topics to be covered
- Defining your bench strength
- Succession Planning and the OCR process
- Conducting effective Calibration Meetings
- Formulating a strategic talent plan for the organization in line with the Business Strategy
- Communicating the Strategy to the Board and the Company
- Conclusion and Review
PetroKnowledge is an ILM Recognised Provider (Centre ID#806199D) and offers endorsed training courses. Aside from PetroKnowledge’s Certificate of Completion, participants will be able to pursue ILM Endorsed Certification (which typically involves passing an additional study, either a work based assignment or on-demand assessment) after the conclusion of this ILM endorsed training course.
This training course is endorsed by the ILM. Opting to receive an ILM-endorsed certificate requires you to accomplish an on-the-job assessment component applying the knowledge gained on the training course to your area of responsibility. You need to consider the modules and topics covered in this PetroKnowledge training course when developing your assessment.
Your task is write a 800-1000 essay on the following topic area from the programme. You are to write a business case to the Board requesting the need for High Potential /Talent Development process in the organisation.
The organisation is a fictitious one that does not have any process, and does not see the benefits of applying this. In your essay, you must provide the benefits of the process, an overview of the methods used to assess personnel, and how this will aid succession planning in the business.