|PM129||12 - 16 Jul 2021||London - UK||5,950|
|PM129||18 - 22 Oct 2021||Istanbul - Turkey||5,950|
*All fees are exclusive of VAT
Why Choose this Training Seminar?
This interactive 5-day PetroKnowledge Project Performance Measurement and Management training seminar will highlight the added value that can be achieved when effective control mechanisms and performance measurement tools are applied using proven Project Management Techniques.
One of the fundamental success factors in Project Execution is knowing which elements determine real project performance and how to measure them accurately. There is a multitude of metrics that may be measured on any project but, depending on the nature and objectives of the project, only a few of these will establish how well the project is performing.
Projects are usually multi-faceted, meaning they comprise multiple stages, multiple work-scopes, and have various interfaces, and as such, measuring and managing the performance of a project requires comprehensive project planning and effective project control. Without this, no project can be accurately measured in terms of how well it is performing, and, by virtue of this, the project's performance cannot be managed.
This PetroKnowledge training seminar will highlight:
- Discussions on project success and failure
- Exploration of the concept of the value and value-driven project management
- Definition of Key Performance Indicators, metrics and reporting mechanisms
- Demonstration of techniques to control expectations through effective stakeholder management
- Examination of effective governance mechanisms to support planning, execution, change control, and performance management
- Application of core planning techniques to enable management to control project scope, schedule, costs, uncertainty, and quality
What are the Goals?
By the end of this training seminar, participants will learn to:
- The benefit of applying Value-Driven Project Management Techniques
- How to identify relevant Key Performance Indicators (KPI) & establish additional metrics to measure the increasingly complex nature of modern projects?
- How to compose effective dashboards and scorecards to report project performance?
- The importance of clearly establishing the project environment and context within the planning process
- The benefit of applying proven Project Management Techniques to establish an integrated project baseline
- How to measure, forecast, present status, and control project performance by employing earned value techniques?
- The importance of careful team selection and dynamics in project performance
Who is this Training Seminar for?
This PetroKnowledge training seminar is tailored to suit project management professionals and project team members who are engaged in the planning, execution, and delivery of projects of all types and sizes.
This PetroKnowledge training seminar is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Project Directors
- Project Managers
- Project Consultants
- Project Planners and Estimators
- Quality Assurance Managers and Engineers
- Contract and Procurement Managers
- Project and Discipline Engineers
- Specialist Technicians and Technical Assistants
How will this Training Seminar be Presented?
This PetroKnowledge Project Performance Measurement and Management Training seminar will incorporate both theory and skill training components, applying hands-on exercises, facilitation of group discussions, practical case studies, and real-life examples
Impact on the organisation in attending this PetroKnowledge Project Performance Measurement, and Management training seminar will benefit by:
- Making corporate improvements by linking strategic goals to accurately defined project performance metrics
- Enhancing Decision-Making due to clear visibility of Project Progress and Performance, and delivering to expectations
- Excelling in Project Management practice and increasing organisational maturity
- Equipping employees with enhanced skills in Project Management and Leadership
- Improve their project delivery Key Performance Indicators and success rates
- Improving customer and shareholder value through consistently accurate and reliable performance reporting
This impact of this training seminar to the participants will develop additional and valuable skills through:
- Learning to recognise and address the increased complexity of the modern project management environment
- Appreciating the need to recognise that value-driven approaches and a focus on “Outcomes Rather than Outputs” is a key success factor in all projects
- Enhancing their Project Management skills by knowing how to plan, organise, implement, control, and close projects using proven best practices
- Knowing how to report project performance accurately through the selection of relevant Key Performance Indicators
- Learning how to proactively identify and control project risks and thereby maintain consistent project performance
- Improving the speed and efficiency of delivery in all projects they are involved in
Day One: Building Projects for Success
- Project Definitions and Characteristics
- The Fundamentals of Project Management
- The Importance of Understanding Project Context and Environment
- Defining Project Scope
- Establishing Project Commercial Viability
Day Two: Planning Projects for Effective Performance Measurement and Management
- The Project Planning, Organising, Implementing, and Controlling Sequence
- Developing Work and Cost Breakdown Structures
- Project Management Roles and Responsibilities
- Project Time and Cost Estimating Techniques
- Project Schedule Development and Analysis
Day Three: Monitoring, Measuring, and Managing Project Performance
- Setting up Project Control Systems
- Selecting Appropriate Key Performance Indicators
- Monitoring Performance through Earned Value Management
- Project Progress Measurement and Analysis
- Controlling Project Handover to Operations
Day Four: Maintaining Project Performance through Effective Risk Management
- Risk Management Planning
- Risk Identification
- Risk Analysis
- Risk Response Planning
- Risk Control and Closure
Day Five: Project Team Building and Stakeholder Management
- The Team Development Cycle
- Building Effective Project Teams
- The Difference between Leadership and Management
- The Keys to Effective Influence
- Managing Stakeholders and Stakeholder Expectations
The Registered Education Provider (R.E.P. ID:4349) status with the Project Management Institute (PMI®) enables PetroKnowledge to issue applicable Professional Development Hours/Units (PDHs/PDUs) to participants on our Project Management oriented training courses, to help them achieve or maintain PMI® professional credentials.
The PMI® Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- On successful completion of this training course, PetroKnowledge Certificate will be awarded to the delegates
- On successful completion of this PetroKnowledge training course, Certificate with eligible Professional Development Units (PDUs) / Contact Hours from Project Management Institute (PMI®), will be awarded to the delegates
In Association With
Our collaboration with GLOMACS aims to provide the best training services and benefits for our valued clients
Project Management Institute, A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide), PMBOK® Guide – Sixth Edition (2017).