|OG214||16 - 20 Jun 2019||Dubai - UAE||5,950|
|OG214||23 - 27 Dec 2019||Amsterdam - The Netherlands||5,950|
|OG214||24 - 28 Feb 2020||New York - USA||6,950|
*All fees are exclusive of VAT
Why Choose this Training Course?
With increased volatility of oil and gas prices, changing regulations, (geo)political conflicts and new technologies, planning and decision making in the oil and gas industry requires the use of multiple scenarios and real option valuation techniques to maximize potential upside and minimize potential downside. Over the last four decades the scenario planning has become the planning methodology of choice by all major players in the field. Featuring the latest artificial intelligence and dynamic planning tools, this PetroKnowledge training course will enable you to help your company to outsmart the competition.
This training course will feature:
- The history and state of the art scenario planning
- The use of Artificial Intelligence and Big Data Analysis
- Real option valuation techniques to help decision making (both up- and downstream)
- Scenario planning as a process within the organization
- Facilitation and reporting techniques
What are the Goals?
By the end of this training course, participants will be able to:
- Analyze relevant economic, technological, legal and social trends using big data analysis
- Develop multiple realistic scenarios for your company
- Create scenarios for planning and decision making purposes
- Facilitate scenario planning workshops
- Present to board level decision makers with impact
Who is this Training Course for?
This PetroKnowledge training course is for current and future planners, strategists, analysts and economists on project, division and corporate level within the oil and gas industry, but also for investment banks and investors. Individuals who are seeking for a future C-lever executive position.
This training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Investment analysts
- Future executives
- Oil and Gas executives
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This training course will utilize a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes lectures explaining the theory, methodology and history, “war stories”, examples and case studies from inside and outside the industry (including videos), and “hands on” practice. Participants will develop their own scenarios during the course and will get feedback.
Day One: History and Theory of Scenario Planning
- Overview of the course
- History of Scenario planning
- Theory of scenario based strategy
- Trend analyses using Artificial Intelligence and Big Data
- Horizon scanning and early warning systems
Day Two: Exploring the World of Oil & Gas
- Case studies and examples
- Defining predetermined elements and key uncertainties
- Deep dive: Modelling
- Developing Scenario frameworks
- Facilitating scenario workshops
Day Three: Developing Scenarios
- Steps in developing scenarios and the Power of Stories
- Creating narratives and timelines
- Quantification of scenarios
- Integrating Qualitative and Quantitative Material
- Presenting Scenarios to decision makers, executives and stakeholders
Day Four: Using Scenarios (Real Options)
- Introduction to Real Options Theory
- Call and put options in up- and downstream investments
- Stress testing and wind tunneling existing strategies
- Developing real options to minimize downside risk and maximize upside potential
- Quantification of options using a binominal approach
- Using Options Theory to valuate investments and support decision making
Day Five: Strategy, Planning and Taking it Home
- Linking scenarios and options to strategy, planning and budgeting processes
- Transferring the methodology to your existing strategy and planning process
- Essential soft skills, personal and team competences
- Road mapping next steps
- Evaluation of the course