|MG148||28 Mar - 01 Apr 2021||Dubai - UAE||5,950|
*All fees are exclusive of VAT
Why Choose this Training Course?
"Strategy depends upon the ability to foresee future consequences of present initiatives"
The basic requirements for strategy development includes, among other factors: 1) Extensive knowledge about the environment, market and competitors; 2) Ability to examine this knowledge as an interactive dynamic system; and 3) The imagination and logic to choose between specific alternatives.
This training course has been specifically designed to provide the necessary strategic tools and mapping capabilities to achieve high levels of strategic alignment and consistency relative to both the external and internal environment. In this way, strategy enables professionals to maximize internal efficiency while capturing the highest potential of opportunities in the external environment and gain organisational and personal success.
This training course will feature:
- Leading-edge thinking in strategic analysis/planning
- The choices faced in developing strategy
- The concepts, tools and techniques of ‘strategy’ and ‘strategic planning’
- Step-by-step processes, providing a toolkit for each stage
- Mapping and applying strategic tools in managing their specialist roles
- Decision Making and Problem Solving
What are the Goals?
By the end of this training course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the global leading-edge thinking in strategic development
- Identify and evaluate the options and implications faced in developing strategy
- Apply the concepts, tools and techniques of ‘strategy’ and ‘strategic planning’
- Understand the step-by-step process and apply a strategic toolkit for each stage
- Map out possible directions using strategic tools to apply to their own specialist role in the alignment of strategic programmes and projects
- Identify “real” problems and apply decision making principles
Who is this Training Course for?
This PetroKnowledge course is suitable to a wide range of professionals who are required to make strategic decisions, and who wishes to learn how to apply strategic tools in their own job and their own career but will greatly benefit the following individuals who belong in the Oil, Gas & Petrochemicals Industry:
- New & Experienced Supervisors
- Team Leaders & Line Managers
- Projects & Process Managers
- Senior Managers
- Strategic Developers
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This training course will utilise a variety of proven highly interactive adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes facilitated group and individual exercises, case studies, role-play, videos. The instructor will also facilitate learning by encouraging the delegates to test and critically appraise a series of “strategic tools” and their practical application.
Day One: Global Strategic Thinking, Analysis and Planning
- Recognise how strategic thinking has developed and how it influences strategies
- Understand the importance of vision and values
- Distinguish between the process of formulating and implementing strategy
- Follow the progression of strategic thinking in business
- Anticipate where strategy may next develop
- Articulate the conceptual framework of strategy that your organisation uses today
Day Two: Mapping Strategic Options
- Five-Step Strategy Model
- The Strategy Diamond
- The Business Model Canvass
- The Balanced Scorecard
- Porter’s Five Forces – assessing the balance of power in a business situation
- Diversification – reducing business risk
Day Three: Core Strategic Tools
- SWOT, TOWS and PESTLE Analysis
- Critical Success Factors
- Understanding the components of success
- The McKinsey 7 S Model
- Predicting competitor behaviour
- Exceeding customer expectations
Day Four: Strategic Options for Competitive Advantage
- USP analysis
- Ohmae’s 3C model - bringing together different aspects of Strategic Thinking
- Competitive Intelligence
- Porter’s Generic Options
- 5 P’s of Strategy
- Developing Future Growth
Day Five: Strategic Problem Solving and Decision Making Tools
- Problem solving and decision making process
- 7 Key Steps of Strategic Decision Making
- Framing of decisions
- Asking the right questions
- Assessing risks and analyzing problems
- 6 Thinking Hats