|MG113q||19 - 23 Oct 2020||London - UK||5,950|
|MG113q||12 - 16 Jul 2021||Vienna - Austria||5,950|
|MG113q||18 - 22 Oct 2021||London - UK||5,950|
*All fees are exclusive of VAT
Why Choose this Training Course?
“Competency Development for Supervisory Excellence in the Oil, Gas & Petrochemicals Industry."
This training course has been specifically designed to develop the competency of supervisory personnel in the oil and gas sectors by equipping them with the knowledge, skills and understanding to achieve Supervisory Excellence in this critical, high hazard industry. It has long been recognized that the Supervisory level is the leverage that ensures that management decisions are acted on.
On this Supervisory training course you will learn about utilising management and leadership techniques to problem solve day-to-day problems and workforce issues, pro-actively delegate, provide clear communication and direction, effectively develop yourself and others, control your team, your work environment; as well as create a climate and culture for improved safety. This course is essential development for supervisors operating and working in the oil and gas industry.
This training course will feature:
- The unique and important role of the supervisor for organizational success and development
- Practical analysis of risks, creative problem solving techniques to provide effective decisions
- Powerful motivation and delegating skills to control teams
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills techniques, as well as lead meetings and team briefs
- Developing people, coaching skills and increasing team performance
- Methods in achieving the safety culture and target zero
What are the Goals?
By the end of this training course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the important role and responsibilities of a Supervisor in the organisation
- Determine effective problem solving risk identification and analysis within their working environment
- Apply powerful interpersonal techniques to improve communication in order to effectively delegate and control teams
- Apply development, coaching, mentoring and feedback techniques to increase optimum people performance
- Improve the safety climate and culture across the organisation through their attitude and actions.
Who is this Training Course for?
This PetroKnowledge training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit the following individuals who belong in the Oil, Gas & Petrochemicals Industry:
- New & Experienced Supervisors
- Team Leaders & Line Managers
- Projects & Process Engineers & Managers
- Senior Engineers
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This Supervisory training course will utilise a variety of proven highly interactive adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes highly interactive facilitated group and individual exercises, industry relevant case studies, active scenario building, as well as specifically targeted videos. The instructor will also facilitate learning by encouraging the delegates to test and critically appraise any theories and concepts on the course.
Day One: The Importance of the Supervisory Role in the Industry
- Supervisors as a master key for organizational success and development
- Managing or Leading?
- Power Bases
- Character v Competence
- Inspiring change and innovations leading to continuous improvement
- Personal Accountability, Reliability, Integrity and Honesty to lead your team
Day Two: Problem Solving, Decision Making and Delegation
- Assessing risks and analyzing problems
- Problem solving and decision making process
- SCAMPER Technique for creative workplace problems
- Time Management and barriers to managing time
- Powerful Job Enrichment and motivation techniques to increase performance
- Mastering the art of delegation: delegating effectively and efficiently
Day Three: Mastering Communication and Interpersonal skills
- Overcoming communication barriers
- The power of questions
- Active listening skills
- Developing your observation skills to influence the outcome/effects of others
- Persuasion and negotiation: keys to personal influence
- Conflict management: managing conflict assertively
- Effective meeting skills & conducting powerful team briefings
Day Four: Developing your Team and Others
- How people learn
- Team development
- Positive development: training and development planning
- Coaching and mentoring for personal and team growth
- Giving powerful feedback to increase optimum performance
Day Five: Leading HSE Excellence
- HSE culture and defining actions required to improve
- Dealing with Stress (shutdown, failures, emergencies, incidents, disputes with others)
- Behavioural skills in achieving Safety Excellence and target zero
- Commitment and compliance towards HSE documents and standards
- Safety Commitment
- Next Steps
PetroKnowledge is an ILM Recognised Provider (Centre ID#806199D) and offers endorsed training courses. Aside from PetroKnowledge’s Certificate of Completion, participants will be able to pursue ILM Endorsed Certification (which typically involves passing an additional study, either a work based assignment or on-demand assessment) after the conclusion of this ILM endorsed training course.
This training course is endorsed by the ILM. Opting to receive an ILM-endorsed certificate requires you to accomplish an on-the-job assessment component applying the knowledge gained on the training course to your area of responsibility. You need to consider the modules and topics covered in this PetroKnowledge training course when developing your assessment.
Your task is write a 800-1000 essay on 1 of the following 3 topic areas from the programme:
- The importance of leadership and management in the Supervisory role
- How to motivate your team members
- Teamwork in the workplace