|PM159||25 - 29 Jul 2021||Dubai - UAE||4,950|
*All fees are exclusive of VAT
Why Choose this Training Course?
Project management is used to optimize the utilization of resources to achieve set goals, within the planned schedule and allocated budget. The digitalization or digitization allows for the projects to reduce the time spent on meetings, reduces costs and enables transparency, cooperation and ease of communication. However, it comes with risks, as managing digital projects involves managing various digital technologies to achieve high-quality deliverables, and these deliverables might not always be tangible, and depend a lot on the user acceptance.
The vast majority of project management failures we see can be traced back to requirements management, scope creep, change request handling, adoption failures, or sustained maintenance—all activities that are in the realm of project management, and when it comes to digitization, all of them are existent as the understanding of the workload needed for responding to change requests is not always fully understood.
The emergence of digital libraries provides an unprecedented opportunity for broader and easier access to an information resources, while at the same time providing additional protection, easier preservation and copyright protection. There are as many approaches to the development of digital libraries as there are definitions of what constitutes digital library. Digital libraries are permanently evolving with the introduction of new formats, standards, technologies, best practices, digital library design, evaluation, preservation, and digital curation and this course is intended to provide adequate guidance to the professionals involved in these projects on how to achieve their goals without frustration and budget and timeline overruns.
This PetroKnowledge training course will highlight:
- Digitization scope and influence
- Best practices in Digitization projects
- How are the records digitalized?
- What is the best way to enable discoverability of your records?
- Process of digitization of library resources and digitization architecture
- Main risks and their management
- Copyright permission defining and protection
What are the Goals?
By the end of this training PetroKnowledge training course, participants will learn to:
- Develop adequate digitization policy
- Explain the process of digitization planning, budgeting and monitoring
- Understand the difficulties of digitization related to Optical Character Recognition for local languages
- Learn the best practices of digitization projects
- Determine adequate digitization technology to be used in their projects
- Apply the Project Management techniques for digitization projects
Who is this Training Course for?
This PetroKnowledge training course is designed for a variety of professionals involved in the digitization projects, and it is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Project managers
- Program managers
- Account managers
- Business sponsors
- Technical managers
- Digital practitioners
- IT Managers
- As well as any professionals involved in the process of digitization or project management
How will this Training Course be Presented?
Participants to this PetroKnowledge training course will receive a thorough training on the subjects covered by the seminar outline with the Tutor utilizing a variety of proven adult learning teaching and facilitation techniques, with focus on hands-on approach. Seminar methodology includes theoretical and practical work, with video materials and presentation of software used for various digitization projects.
The organizations will greatly benefit as they acquire structured and effective method of understanding how to apply digitization technology in their projects, and how to acquire greatest benefit form digitization:
- Determining risks involved in the digitization projects
- Identify adequate resources and timeline required for the digitization projects
- Gain understanding of Optical Character Recognition (OCR) use and limitations
- Create a structured and uniform project documents for digitization projects
- Reduce costs and time lost in project management of digitization projects
- Provide beneficial improvement options without massive investments
As the digitization becomes a part of any work, the delegates will enhance their understanding of the adequate uses of digitization techniques, software and applications, this will be achieved through:
- Enhancing the understanding of digital library creation
- Identifying adequate techniques and processes for digitization of documents and records
- Application of project management techniques in digitization projects
- Understanding the influence of digitization on record management and security
- Acquiring the principles of copyright preservation and monitoring
- Getting acquainted with the digitization methods, software and their use and limitations
Day One: Digital Libraries
- Introduction, Definitions and Framework
- Creating large scale digital libraries
- Digital collection policy development
- Legal and standard issues
- Protection of copyright
- Example cases
Day Two: Digitization Projects
- Differences between digitization projects and regular projects
- Project mapping for digitization capabilities
- Digitization project governance
- Digitization project execution models
- Digitization Proof of Concept
- Example cases
Day Three: Digitization Project Management
- Key characteristics of digitization project management planning
- Project plan
- Collaboration plan
- Risk management
- Staffing plan
- Change management in digitization projects
- Digitization project cost estimation
- Best practices in digitization project management
Day Four: Digitizing your Data-Principles and Methods
- How to digitize the records?
- Difference between in-house and outsourcing of digitization,
- Records discoverability
- Optical Character Recognition
- Local languages
- Content availability and protection
- Record digitization workflow
Day Five: Digitization Project Execution and Monitoring
- Applying the Digital Maturity Model
- AGILE Project Management and Digitization Projects
- Managing stakeholders and their engagement
- Achieving excellence in managing digital records
- Digital records storage and maintenance
- Examples of most successful digitization projects
- On successful completion of this training course, PetroKnowledge Certificate will be awarded to the delegates
- On successful completion of this PetroKnowledge training course, Certificate with eligible Professional Development Units (PDUs) / Contact Hours from Project Management Institute (PMI®), will be awarded to the delegates
Project Management Institute, A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide), PMBOK® Guide – Sixth Edition (2017).