An Intensive 5-Day Training Course
Boiler & Steam System Management
We currently have no scheduled session for this Course. If you are interested in running this course, please contact our Training Department at email@example.com
Why Choose this Training Course?
Why Choose this Course?
Boilers and steam generating systems are considered nowadays the biggest consumers of energy in most chemical and petrochemical plants. They are also highly complex elements of equipment which operate at very high pressures and temperatures. These serious and demanding operating conditions require perfect design, good quality of construction materials and professional fabrication. Safe and efficient operation of boilers requires that a special attention be given to safety of equipment for steam generation as well as efficient steam system management.
This course is intended to introduce delegates to operation of boiler units and the associated equipment for steam generation and steam distribution. Process of combustion of various types of fuels in the boiler furnace will be thoroughly discussed and efficiency of combustion equipment will be analyzed. Methods and techniques of energy saving and optimization related to efficient steam distribution system management will be explained in detail. The course will be primarily focused on practical aspects related to operation, control, maintenance and troubleshooting of problems encountered in boiler systems. The course material with workshop examples selected from real life industrial practice, will include the guidelines for improving the reliability of boiler units, as well as on efficient management of the entire steam system.
Highlights of the course include:
- Analysis of all boiler components in the light of safe and efficient operation
- Explanation of control system instrumentation as well as boiler safety equipment
- Introduction of techniques for improving management of steam distribution system
- Presentation of combustion techniques that meet environmental standard of air pollution with simultaneous reduction of fuel consumption
- Knowledge on corrosion, erosion, fouling and other aspects of boiler material degradation
- Importance of well carried out of maintenance and troubleshooting activities for the normal and abnormal system operation
- Technical measures and best practices that lead to increasing of company profits by operating efficient boilers with reliable steam systems distribution
What are the Goals?
What are the Goals?
- Analyze the guidelines for safe and reliable operation of boiler plant and steam distribution systems
- Review and discuss elements for improving boiler performance and overall efficiency of entire steam generation system
- Compare and contrast optimal improvement techniques for a given industrial application
- Estimate the degree of deterioration and inefficiency of boiler system due to corrosion and fouling and the ways to remedy the situation by alteration or modification
- Identify and analyze the problems in everyday operations and find the most economical solution based on the best practices
Who is this Training Course for?
Who is this Course for?
- Boiler plant engineers, technicians and operators from chemical, petrochemical and process industries, oil refineries and gas production, as well as power generation
- Project engineers and boiler operation supervisors and managers
- Personnel dealing with boiler and steam system control and maintenance
- Engineers involved in boiler plant and steam system optimization.
- Operation and technical service engineers
- Plant engineers and technicians dealing with steam systems maintenance and repair
- Product engineers, corrosion-erosion technologists and maintenance coordinators
How will this Training Course be Presented?
How will this be Presented?
The seminar will be conducted along workshop principles consisting of formal lectures and interactive worked examples that will be part of workshops. This will result in active contribution of all delegates during discussions and team work. Real life examples will be selected to illustrate the procedure for running and controlling the steam generation process. The emphasis in the course will be on the explanation of technical phenomena and providing answers to problems that are encountered in everyday industrial practice. There will be ample opportunities for active open discussions and sharing professional experiences on maintenance and troubleshooting. All course materials will be provided.
Overview of Boilers and Steam Generation Systems
- Boilers and steam generators used in chemical & petrochemical industry
- Classification of industrial steam boilers
- Main components of industrial boilers
- Principles of steam generation in boiler plants
- World standards related to steam boilers
- Thermal and mechanical aspects of boiler design and construction
- Air, fuel, water and steam train in boiler components
- Thermodynamic characteristics of steam and steam quality
Process of Combustion of Fuels in Boiler Furnace
- Technical characteristics of fuels used for combustion in boilers
- Combustion process in boiler furnaces
- Burner design and air-fuel mixing process
- Efficiency of combustion and heat transfer optimization
- Products of combustion: NOx and SOx
- Environmental standards
- Heat recovery boilers and flue gas utilization
- Feed water preparation and chemical treatment standards
Boiler Operation and Control Systems
- Components of boiler master control system
- Advanced boiler instrumentation
- Boiler safety system
- Boiler operation range and load variation
- Fuel control and burner management system
- Combustion control system
- Drum level control
- Casing and insulation heat loss control
Steam System Management
- Boiler plant efficiency monitoring
- Blow down control and recovery
- Steam trap operation optimization
- Condensate recovery treatment
- Reducing de-aeration losses
- Air venting of condensers
- Steam throttling and selection of valves
- Scale and corrosion control
Boiler Maintenance and Troubleshooting
- Boiler and steam system performance testing
- Inspection of most critical parts
- NDT and stress measurements
- Scope of regular maintenance
- Guidelines for boiler starting and stopping
- Boiler failure prevention
- Troubleshooting tips and guidelines
- On successful completion of this training course, a PetroKnowledge Certificate will be awarded to the delegates