Decision-making in Projects is a key skill that many project personnel struggle with. Project Management has evolved into a discipline of high-level decision making and the aim of this PetroKnowledge Decision Making in Projects training course is to help augment the intuition of a Project Manager and project team members taking and making decisions. It’s extremely useful to recognise that the ability to make good, solid decisions can make the difference between delivering projects successfully or leading towards failure.
Some find making decisions extremely difficult – it’s not always the actual decision per se. Some people are naturally creative, have the ability to think out of the box, but we may have to ensure that they are weighed up against the operational constraints or time, cost, quality and with an awareness of any associated risks.
This Decision Making in Projects training course will help to build, develop and hone the essential skills needed to improve decision-making in a dynamic project workforce, with the key areas of constraint being time, cost and scope having the ability to affect a project’s outcome. We will consider what must be done to maintain these three constraints and any associated risks.
This PetroKnowledge training course will highlight:
- Learn how to diagnose a decision situation and design an efficient process to make the decision
- Use decision quality principles and differences in framing, information, and preferences to jointly create greater value and reach win-win solutions in multi-party situations
- Prepare for and conduct negotiations and deal with difficult negotiation tactics
- Lead the decision process and effectively facilitate meetings
- Manage interpersonal and organisational dynamics to facilitate agreement and clarity of action
- Leverage information sharing and a relationship frame to maximise the value for each party
- Learn skills to allow project team members to guide dialogue among those who outrank you