An Intensive 3-Day Training Course
Developing Administrative Skills
and Improving Communication Effectiveness
We currently have no scheduled session for this Course. If you are interested in running this course, please contact our Training Department at email@example.com
Why Choose this Training Course?
Why Choose this Course?
Today's competitive business environment demands more from administrative support personnel than ever before. This training course is designed to give delegates the administrative, leadership, and communication skills they require to become more effective and professional. Employees who work in administrative support positions need to be proactive, extremely good with details, and have the able to oversee many tasks simultaneously. Administrative professionals need to be articulate, good at writing, and comfortable with technology, as they're often required to proofread documents and work with databases. In addition, administrative staff must have excellent communication skills, since their job requires a good deal of interaction with internal and external customers.
Being able to make sound judgment calls and work independently are important aspects of the job as well, since administrative professionals know which documents are important and which can be discarded, which e-mails can be handled at the office level and which need to be forwarded to upper management. This comprehensive training course provides a wide-range of administrative skills to help delegates handle daily work challenges with greater confidence and effectiveness. Delegates leave the course with a Personal Action Plan of Best Practices to that they can apply immediately in the office.
- Applying a spectrum of priority setting and time management strategies to proactively accomplish more tasks
- Utilize best practices for document management, inventory management and tracking office supplies
- Facilitate an exchange of ideas while encouraging constructive feedback from others
- Work effectively with each of the four temperament styles
- Develop leadership traits and team-building skills
What are the Goals?
What are the Goals?
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Communicate more effectively by utilizing active listening and questioning skills
- Prepare, edit and organise documents and reports
- Describe the implications of data security and confidentiality
- Demonstrate how to use nonverbal communication to build trust and rapport quickly
- Utilize negotiation principles to creating Win-Win Outcomes
How will this Training Course be Presented?
How will this be Presented?
This highly-interactive course encourages delegate participation through a combination of group discussion, practical exercises, videos, role-play sessions, case studies, and breakout sessions. Delegates will learn helpful administrative skills and communication best practices to enhance productivity within the workplace. The comprehensive course manual has been designed to be practical, easy to use, and facilitate learning.
Day One: Principles for Developing Administrative Skills
- Course Overview and Learning Objectives
- Best Practices for Automated Filing Systems
- How to Prepare, Edit, and Organise Documents and Reports with Software Applications
- Best Practices for Inventory Management and Tracking Office Supplies
- How to Manage and Track Important Events
- Implication of Data Security and Confidentiality in Managing Documents
- Breakout Session: Development of Policies and Procedures Regarding Administration Functions
- Leadership and Teambuilding Skills for Supervising Clerical Staff
- Teambuilding and Leadership Exercise
Day Two: Enhancing Communication, Persuasion, and Negotiation Skills
- The Power of Nonverbal Communication
- How to Use Body Language to Create a Positive First Impression… Face-to-Face or Over the Phone
- Practical Exercise: The Body Language Quiz
- Understanding the Four Temperament Styles
- Developing Active Listening and Questioning Skills to Enhance Communication Effectiveness
- The Art of Giving and Receiving Constructive Feedback
- Negotiating Principles for Creating Win-Win Outcomes
Day Three: Best Practices for Administrate Support Staff Professional Development
- Your Attitude Makes a Difference
- How to Manage Emotions During Difficult Situations
- Strategies for Working with Difficult People
- Stress Management Tips to Maintain Peak Performance
- Time Management Strategies to Improve Productivity
- Setting SMART Objectives for Continuous Improvement
- Practical Exercise: Goal Setting for Personal and Professional Development
- Practical Exercise: Developing an Action Plan
- On successful completion of this training course, a PetroKnowledge Certificate will be awarded to the delegates