An Intensive 5-Day Training Course
Logistics of Crude Oil & Petroleum Products
Essentials of International Oil and Gas Supply, Economics and Transportation
|03 - 07 Jul 2023||Kuala Lumpur - Malaysia||$5,950|
|20 - 24 Nov 2023||Dubai - UAE||$5,950|
Why Choose this Training Course?
Have you ever wondered how crude oil gets from far-flung producing wells in Siberia or the Arabian Desert to refineries? Then there's the logistics of getting commercial petroleum products like gasoline or diesel fuel from refineries to your gas station so you can fill up your car and drive to work. You've come to the perfect site if you're inquisitive about that!
This Logistics of Crude Oil & Petroleum Products training course will provide you with a complete understanding of international oil logistics, from crude oil shipping to refineries to commercial petroleum product dispatch.
This training course examines transportation issues, particularly crude oil transit. We go over sea transportation first, including different types of tankers, charters, expenses and rates, the legal environment and operational issues. Then there's pipeline transportation.
We discuss the various modes of conveying finished goods from a refinery: water, pipeline, rail, and road, as well as the various constraints that apply to each. Finally, we have a look at the various dispatch controls.
This PetroKnowledge training course will highlight:
- Up-to-date worldwide oil and gas statistics
- Learn about the numerous techniques and technologies for transporting oil, gas and their products.
- International oil and gas supply, economics and transportation fundamentals
- Tanker freight charges and chartering are the most basic logistics.
- Major worldwide pipelines, shipping routes and choke points in supply logistics
What are the Goals?
By the end of this training course, participants will learn to:
- Get a wide view of the global oil and gas industry, including supply and transportation.
- Understand the ideas and techniques of logistics and supply chain management.
- To charter a ship and calculate the profitability, use the World scale reference.
- Analyze the transport problems, particularly the transport of crude oil
- Learn the different ways of delivering finished products from a refinery, i.e. by water, pipeline, rail and road, and the different restrictions that apply to them
Who is this Training Course for?
This training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Oil & gas field personnel
- Operations, maintenance and engineering trainees
- Other support staff who have an interest in increasing their understanding of the oil & gas logistics
- Business Development Managers, Corporate Planning Professionals and Business Analysts switching disciplines who are required to have a better understanding of this stimulating field
- Energy industry journalists and reporters
- Professional personnel such as legal, banking, insurance, finance dealing with oil supply and transportation
How will this Training Course be Presented?
Participants to this training course will receive a thorough training on the subjects covered by the seminar outline with the facilitator utilizing a variety of proven adult learning teaching and facilitation techniques.
this interactive training course include lectures, workshops & work presentations, case studies & practical exercises, videos, software & general discussions.
- Provide an overview of the oil and gas industry
- The transportation of oil and gas from wellhead or field to refining and then to customer markets is a critical component of the global oil industry value chain
- Essential knowledge of the oil and gas transportation segment of the global value chain – a segment that is increasingly critical given the lengths and depths the industry goes to find its reserves
- Get the essentials of international oil and gas supply, economics and transportation
- A Technical Summary Investments, Margins, Costs and Probable Future Developments
- Learn the subject of Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Obtain a broad understanding of the global oil and gas industry: transportation and supply
- Understand the ideas and techniques of logistics and supply chain management
- To charter a ship and calculate the profitability, use the World scale reference
- Understand how commercial petroleum products (gasoline, diesel, and fuel) are delivered to the market from refineries
Day One: An Introduction to Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Introducing the Supply Chain
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Inbound Logistics: Purchasing
- Inbound Logistics: Warehousing and Inventory Management
- Outbound Logistics: The Order Cycle and Outbound Goods
Day Two: An Introduction to Logistics and Supply Chain Management (continuation)
- Outbound Logistics: Transportation
- Logistics Information Systems and Technology
- Finance in the Supply Chain
- Global Supply Chain Management
- Leading and Managing in the Supply Chain
Day Three: Up-to-Date Worldwide Oil and Gas Statistics
- Petroleum Refining and Petrochemical Industry Overview
- Petroleum Refinery Planning
- Multisite Refinery Network Integration and Coordination
- Statistics review of world energy
- Refining: A Technical Summary Investments, Margins, Costs
Day Four: Essentials of International Oil and Gas Supply, Economics and Transportation
- Fundamentals of Transportation
- The Production of Oil and Gas
- The Players on the Oil Scene: OPEC and the Major Companies
- International Oil Markets
- An Introduction to Linear Programming as Used in the Refining Industry
Day Five: Various Methods and Technologies Used to Transport Oil, Gas, and their Products
- Management and Optimization of Refinery Operations
- Logistics: Transport and Dispatch
- Marine Transport
- Transport by Pipeline
- Logistics aspects of petroleum pipeline operations
- Finished Products: Different Methods of Dispatch and their Costs
- On successful completion of this training course, a PetroKnowledge Certificate will be awarded to the delegates