Have you ever wondered how crude oil gets from far-flung producing wells in Siberia or the Arabian Desert to refineries? Then there's the logistics of getting commercial petroleum products like gasoline or diesel fuel from refineries to your gas station so you can fill up your car and drive to work. You've come to the perfect site if you're inquisitive about that!
This Logistics of Crude Oil & Petroleum Products training course will provide you with a complete understanding of international oil logistics, from crude oil shipping to refineries to commercial petroleum product dispatch.
This training course examines transportation issues, particularly crude oil transit. We go over sea transportation first, including different types of tankers, charters, expenses and rates, the legal environment and operational issues. Then there's pipeline transportation.
We discuss the various modes of conveying finished goods from a refinery: water, pipeline, rail, and road, as well as the various constraints that apply to each. Finally, we have a look at the various dispatch controls.
This PetroKnowledge training course will highlight:
- Up-to-date worldwide oil and gas statistics
- Learn about the numerous techniques and technologies for transporting oil, gas and their products.
- International oil and gas supply, economics and transportation fundamentals
- Tanker freight charges and chartering are the most basic logistics.
- Major worldwide pipelines, shipping routes and choke points in supply logistics