Why Choose this Training Course?
In any project, it is important to utilise project monitoring and evaluation skills in order to deliver projects effectively and efficiently. This Offshore Project Assessment course has been designed to provide delegates with an understanding of how to use project management skills to assess the progress of the project as it is being run - against project scope, identifying variables in relation to schedule, budget and quality parameters. We will also consider the environment itself, the offshore structures, the challenges of maintenance, pre-commissioning and health and safety implications in preparation for handover and closeout.
Offshore projects need continuous tracking in addition to periodic assessments in order to be effective and efficiently delivered. Stakeholders require constant feed back on project performance. Consequently, this PetroKnowledge training course will equip delegates with advanced Project Monitoring and evaluation skills including developing an appreciation of the components of an effective Monitoring & Evaluation Plan - including data collections methods & tools as well as ethical considerations when working with data. Communication and feedback mechanisms for reporting are important to enhance anyone's capacity of managing the project effectively and efficiently to deliver on the expected intervention outcomes. Risk and resource management will be paramount while assessing our projects and delegates will identify and quantify risks in relation to physical locations, available resources and the correct technology for the project to be delivered within offshore structures.
This training course will feature:
- Applying fundamental principles of project management to an offshore project
- Assessing and managing M & E Processes on an offshore project
- Identify & learn how to utilise the tools and techniques of best-practice project management
- Describe & understand the procurement process and the importance of contract management
- Development of a Monitoring and Evaluation Framework
- Evaluation of project and task levels / activities that could cause cost and/or schedule overruns
- Identify what is important for start-up management & introducing the project deliverable into operations
- Develop Cost and Schedule recovery plans