The Oil & Gas industry is essential and decisive in steering the global economy. The Oil & Gas business are diverse, technically complex, highly capital intensive, and often confronted with potential risks and uncertainties. Today’s oil companies are dealing with ever-increasing levels of complexity and competition. Purchase, Sales, Marketing, Trading, and Risk Management are crucial and the most active parts of the hydrocarbon value chain, and extremely important for managers and industry leaders to stay on top of these activities.
This 5-day accelerated Oil Price Volatility and Risk Management training course is designed to give delegates a thorough picture of crude oil, refined products, biofuel markets, risks, and legal and regulatory issues involved in the international crude oil trading and these products. It is presented with the petroleum industry's wide range of essential engineering practices spanning exploration, extraction, refining, global oil supply, reserves, production & trade flows. The associated risks and uncertainties can be fully understood with an overview of these essential practices. Since price volatility always exists, how Price Risk Management is conducted utilizing appropriate financial derivatives and techniques is presented in detail in this training.
This PetroKnowledge Oil Price Volatility and Risk Management training course will highlight the following:
- The essential practices of exploration, production, processing, and transportation of crude oil
- The success factors in the business of international sales, marketing, and trading of crude oil and refined products
- The essential logistics of global seaborne transit, pipelines, storage, and distribution of crude oil and refined products.
- The understanding of the pricing dynamics and benchmarks of crude oil, refined products, and biofuels in the global markets
- The price-risk management benefit from hedging instruments such as futures and forward contracts, swap, and options