An Intensive 3-Day Training Course
Technical Report Writing
|15 - 17 May 2023||Dubai - UAE||$3,900|
Why Choose this Training Course?
Why Choose this Training Seminar?
At some stage, we may all have to write a technical report for committees, accident investigation findings, engineering projects or to present technical report findings and recommendations to senior management. Technical reports need to follow a structured report format to ensure each technical report is accurate, logical and deals with the respective reports’ scope and subject matter.
This Technical Report Writing training course will ensure delegates understand the key factors that make a good report utilising the criteria of good technical report writing that meets the purpose, scope and objectives. Delegates will learn the process of best practice of technical report writing, including the various types of technical reports and how to prepare and write each of these different report types.
What are the Goals?
What are the Goals?
Delegates will learn how to:
- Understand the various factors that are key to writing good technical reports
- Apply existing knowledge and experience to produce an effectual technical report that is easy to understand as well as meeting the scope and report objectives
- Gather the relevant technical information, research data and evidence for evaluation and preparing the technical report findings, conclusions and recommendations
- Understand key points of a good technical report when setting out positional status, problem solving, and technical proposals, etc.
- Critically review technical report layouts, structural formats and information content to ensure successful technical reports
- Learn lessons to continually improve technical report writing skills
Who is this Training Course for?
Who is this Training Seminar for?
All those who want to be able to produce and/or critically review professional and effective written technical reports
How will this Training Course be Presented?
How will this Training Seminar be Presented?
Delegates will learn by active participation and inspiring presentation of the training course topics, using visual thinking techniques, presented in a lively, enthusiastic and interesting style. Delegates will also take part in practical interactive exercises, case studies and discussion sessions.
Day One: Technical Reporting Issues
- Types and Purpose of Technical Reports
- Who Is the Audience ? (who will actually read the report ?)
- Researching, Gathering and Verifying Information and Data
- Planning and Designing Technical Reports
- Selecting Visual Illustrations and Graphics (photographs, diagrams, etc)
- Report Writing Case Study: BP Texas Refinery Explosion, including video
- Exercise: Layout of Technical Report Structure
Day Two: Technical Report Formats & Writing Styles
- Using Clear and Simple Words (including font types)
- Technical Report Format, Terminology and Layout Styles
- Headings, Paragraph Settings, Footnotes, Page Headers and Footers
- Using Illustrations, Diagrams, Charts and Tables
- Role of Appendices, (e.g. Technical Data, Definitions, References, Etc.,)
- Case Study: Valero Confined Space Accident, including video
- Exercise: Preparing a Technical Report
Day Three: Writing The Technical Report
- Writing Technical Report
- Proofreading and Improving the Report Format/Style
- Circulating the Draft Report for Comments/Approval
- Reviewing Comments and Issuing the Final Report
- Presenting Technical Reports to Senior Management and/or Stakeholders
- Exercise: Preparing a PowerPoint Presentation of Your Report
- On successful completion of this training course, a PetroKnowledge Certificate will be awarded to the delegates