|MG184||05 - 09 Sep 2021||Dubai - UAE||5,950|
|MG184||14 - 18 Mar 2022||Dubai - UAE||5,950|
*All fees are exclusive of VAT
Why Choose this Training Course?
This PetroKnowledge training course has been specifically developed to enhance the skills and knowledge of the Shift Team Leader working in the E&P, Oil, Gas and Petrochemical industries. Shift Team Leaders play a vital and integral part of the work operation providing the key interface between line management and the workforce.
On this highly interactive and engaging PetroKnowledge training course delegates will learn about the importance of their role, how to manage and lead others, problem solve, coach for higher performance, allocate resources effectively, lead and manage their teams, as well as develop team members to achieve their best performance. This training course is essential development for any Shift Team Leader in the industry.
This PetroKnowledge training course will feature:
- The importance of the Shift Team Leader role for organizational success
- Your own self-awareness to manage yourself and others
- The analysing of risks and problems and providing effective decisions
- How to manage people through excellent interpersonal skills, coaching and communication techniques
- Methods to develop increased performance management
- Developing people and increasing your team performance
What are the Goals?
By the end of this PetroKnowledge training course, participants will have learnt and experienced practical applications of:
- Understanding your self-awareness, as well as your role in the organisation and management style in order to effectively apply self-management
- Defining effective problem solving, risk identification and analysis within your working environment
- Applying powerful interpersonal techniques to improve communication and manage others effectively
- Applying development, coaching and feedback techniques to increase optimum people performance management
- Improve team cohesion and impact on production through your management and actions
Who is this Training Course for?
This PetroKnowledge training course is suitable for a wide range of professionals working in the E&P oil, gas, and petrochemical industries but will greatly benefit site/refinery/process/platform based:
- Team Leaders
- Shift Team Leaders
- Newly promoted, or identified future Team Leaders, Shift Leaders or Supervisors
How will this Training Seminar & Workshop be Presented?
This PetroKnowledge training course will utilize a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This will include highly interactive training covering the latest theories and ‘best practices’, targeted case studies, personal assessments, relevant topic related videos, and high impact exercises. This will provide a strong fundamental basis upon which to build future success, as well as immediate application back in the workplace.
Day One: The Important Role of the Shift Team Leader
- Shift Team Leader: defining the role in critical operations
- Managing or Leading as a Team Leader
- Critical Power Bases: how to utilise these effectively
- Key characteristics of successful Shift Team Leaders
- Inspiring change and innovation for continuous improvement
- Achieving Shift Team Leader Excellence
Day Two: Solving Work Problems and Allocation of Resources
- Defining operational problems in the industry
- Technical problem-solving models and techniques
- Practical and effective decision-making processes
- Effective planning and time management of tasks
- Allocating resources effectively and efficiently
- Ensuring job enrichment and motivation with your team
- How to delegate tasks to achieve optimum commitment
Day Three: Mastering Key Interpersonal skills and Hand Over Briefing
- Developing key interpersonal skills in the industry
- Overcoming communication barriers in the workplace
- Powerful communication and interpersonal techniques
- How to influence the outcome of your team’s performance
- Conducting effective hand-over briefs for safe operation
- Managing conflict assertively with your team
Day Four: Leading and Managing your Team for Operational Success
- Factors for enhanced Team development
- Group dynamics in the oil, gas and petrochemical industry
- Team Role profile
- Operational problem solving & decision making
- Increasing team performance: ensuring a safe environment
Day Five: Developing your Team for Increased Operational Performance
- Development options and planning
- Ways of Developing team members
- Workplace coaching: practical techniques
- Giving powerful feedback to increase performance
- Next Steps
Also available as an ILM-endorsed title of 'Effective Shift Team Leader'
- On successful completion of this training course, PetroKnowledge Certificate will be awarded to the delegates