An Intensive 3-Day Online Training Course
The Oil Trading and
Underlying Causes of Prices Fluctuations
Solving the Mystery of Oil Price
|24 - 26 Apr 2023||Online||$2,950|
|30 Oct - 01 Nov 2023||Online||$2,950|
Why Choose this Training Course?
Why Choose this Online Training Course?
“West Texas Intermediate, the US marker, lost more than 250 per cent on Monday to trade as low as -$40.32 a barrel in a day of chaos in oil markets”-Financial times on 20th April 2020.
This was no fairy tale or horror movie, this is the real thing, it happened that the oil price went into the “subzero” category, which means that the people holding the May 2020 futures do not have the storage and the producers will have to pay for the oil to be taken of their hands.
How did this happen? Why?
Was it the OPEC+, Shale, or is it something else, something that started in 1983, was it maybe a Ponzi scheme in oil trading coming to its inevitable end, or it was geopolitics?
The answer is complex, and it is actually the combination of all of the above and a few other underlying causes that were always there, causes that tend to repeat themselves over the years and people for some reason just refuse to remove them. This 3-day online training course is there to help the people identify these causes, and hopefully manage to remove them in the future, without the need for billions of dollars write offs, layoffs, and market crashes.
What are the Goals?
What are the Goals?
At the end of this PetroKnowledge Online Oil & Gas training course, you will learn how to:
- Identify underlying causes of oil price collapses
- Understand the problem of “paper barrels”
- Focus on the reserve capacity and actual demand
- Realise the problem of “non-commercial” traders
- Apply methods for Big Data analysis and its use for forecasting and identifying the Ponzi schemes
- Improve the decision making, by forecasting the events based on complex behaviour
Who is this Training Course for?
Who is this Online training course for?
All individuals who have a role in Oil and Gas Trading, Exploration and Production:
- Management Professionals
- Financial managers
- Planners and
- Operation personnel
How will this Training Course be Presented?
How will this Online Training Course be Presented?
This online training course will utilize a variety of proven online learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension, retention of the information presented. The training course is conducted Online via an Advanced Virtual Learning Platform in the comfort of any location of your choice.
- Define the actual demand and supply of oil
- Recognise the problem of high CAPEX and low OPEX
- Understand the oil projects decision process-real one, not theoretical
- Learn the downfalls of oil trading by non-commercial traders
- Reduce the Ponzi schemes within the oil and gas industry
- Model a real customer behaviour and future requirements
- Integrate the models for worldwide crisis management in oil supply
- Too big to fail until they do
- What are the producers not aware of?
- What is the influence of geopolitics?
- On successful completion of this online training course, a PetroKnowledge E-Certificate will be awarded to the delegates