An Intensive 5-Day Training Course
Value Engineering Skills
Improving Performance and Profitability
We currently have no scheduled session for this Course. If you are interested in running this course, please contact our Training Department at firstname.lastname@example.org
Why Choose this Training Course?
Why Choose this Course?
This Value Engineering (VE) course is a creative, organized approach which engages project stakeholders to define their business or performance requirements, maximises creativity and innovation to identify best value solutions, enabling more robust, effective decision making during project planning, procurement and execution and through focusing on performance requirements and avoiding abortive work.
VE will improve the performance, profitability, quality and risk levels of the client organisation and the whole project team. This course will provide best value results from achieving the right balance between the benefit the client achieves from a project or service and the resource required to deliver it, not just cost alone.
This course will feature:
- Decision making based on value criteria
- Applying cost estimating at the appropriate level
- Understanding business need, project scope, function, and performance need
- Securing real benefits by integrating VE with existing project management processes
- introduction to powerful techniques of function analysis, facilitation and creative thinking
What are the Goals?
What are the Goals?
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify value mismatches through the ratio of whole life costing
- Capture & incorporate stakeholders’ input in the development of the project charter & plan
- Add value to stakeholders thru best value decisions based on the balance of value criteria & resources
- Know the fundamental concepts of Value Engineering and Analysis
- Identify alternative recommendations to the management which will improve value effectively
Who is this Training Course for?
Who is this Course for?
This course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Anyone involved in project initiation, engineering design, and critical assessment of projects
- All those responsible for making significant decisions concerning plans and budgets for large and complex projects
- Project or Program Sponsors, Project Managers, Cost Estimators, Cost Controllers, Engineers, Designers and Project Staff
- All those aspiring to deliver better value in all sectors of the economy from major projects in construction, manufacturing, petro-chemical, healthcare, education legal and public services
How will this Training Course be Presented?
How will this be Presented?
The course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. The course will take delegates through the systematic step-by-step VE methodology through interactive speaker input, case studies and practice exercises. The exercises will provide participants with hands on experience of applying the techniques to a simple project and will facilitate group discussion.
Day One: Framework for Applying Value Engineering in Projects
- Defining Value and Value Engineering concepts and principles
- How and when is Value Engineering applied?
- Project definition through stakeholder analysis and management
- Team player styles
- Identifying relationships between Value, Cost and Worth
- Overview of Different Value Engineering Phases
Day Two: The Function Analysis Phase - Expressing Project Functional Needs and Constraints
- The Information Phase – steps and procedures
- Developing Value Engineering Job Plan
- Defining project constraints
- What is function analysis and Function-Cost-Worth Analysis
- Developing FAST Diagrams to identify critical project components
- Cross-Functional Project Team Approach
Day Three: The Creative Phase - Inspiring Creativity in Your Project Team
- Creativity and Creative thinking within the project environment
- Creative thinking techniques
- Reaching consensus and leveraging the power of project team collaboration
- Project risk perception and identification
- Identifying priorities through paired comparison
- Output of the Creative Phase
Day Four: The Evaluation Phase - Making Informed Project Decisions
- Project evaluation methods
- Performing project risk and scenario analyses
- Life-cycle costing techniques
- Incremental benefit-cost analysis for project evaluation
- Effective Decision-making in project environment
- Output of the Evaluation Phase
Day Five: The Planning and Reporting Phases - Getting Results through Effective Communication
- Develop and assess VE proposals to optimize project value
- Action planning roles and responsibilities
- Reporting VE findings to Senior Management and project stakeholders
- Incorporating VE into the early project phases
- Integrating VE with Continuous Improvement Techniques
- On successful completion of this training course, a PetroKnowledge Certificate will be awarded to the delegates