Course Dates, Venues and Fees
|MG197||01 - 05 Oct 2018||London - UK||$5,500|
Why Choose this Training Course?
“The art of communication is the language of leadership. James Humes”
This PetroKnowledge Effective Corporate Communication for the Oil and Gas Industries Training course addresses the biggest problem in business today. All business is a conversation, it is the ability of people at all levels in an organisation to create and maintain a rich conversation with each other and with other businesses. Therefore the "conversation" relies on excellent Effective Corporate Communication especially for the oil and gas industry that will ultimately create business success.
The best managers and leaders need to be skilled communicators. Their ability to communicate and lead their teams creates an environment in which others genuinely want to work. The best and most skilled communicators are able to manage time, people and priorities, influence at all levels, and display a sense of leadership which makes others want to follow them. Crucially they will be able to communicate vital information necessary to avoid potential risk, contradictory instruction or misunderstanding.
This training course will highlight:
- Self-awareness, understand personal strengths as well as skills gaps in communication
- Advanced communication skills, both verbally and non-verbally
- Understanding corporate & industry communication
- Assertive techniques and how to increase motivation
- Communication within the oil & gas environment and handling difficult situations
Training Objectives click here
What are the Goals?
Delegates will develop corporate communication skills which they can use in their working environment. At the end of this training course, you will learn to:
- Improve personal impact and influence
- Enhance their corporate communication skills for management & leadership
- Apply assertive communication especially when dealing with difficult or dangerous situations
- Motivate others through clear and concise communication
- Communicate oil & gas process and procedures across different cultures
Target Audience click here
Who is this Training Course for?
"Good Corporate Communication skills is always been the best and essential tool in managing a bigger workforce".
This course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Team Leaders
- Department Leaders
- Those involved in Corporate Communication
Training Methods click here
How will this Training Course be Presented?
Throughout the training course, we use accelerated learning techniques to aid learning and foster recall. Our methodology incorporates forums, business games, small group activities, reflective periods, facilitated plenary discussions and presentations. The focus is very much on experiential learning - by engaging all their senses, delegates are able to learn more effectively. Many of the activities will allow delegates to share their real working experiences and thus learn from each other.
Organisational Impact click here
Developing stronger communication skills and an awareness of corporate culture means improved implementation of organisational processes and procedures that will ensure future success.
- See the “big picture” of their organization
- Understand important company communications and data
- Use their wider knowledge to make better decisions
- Understand how communication impacts key company measures and objectives
- Effectively communicate ideas to other employees, managers, and the public
- Motivate teams through clear and concise communication
Personal Impact click here
Individuals with Corporate Communication Skills:
- Have an acute perception of the dimensions of Corporate issues
- Can make sense out of complex information
- Are mindful of the implications of different communication styles
- Are decisive, assertive and have the ability to influence others
- Ensure the processes and procedures are communicated effectively
- Achieve successful and motivated team members
Daily Agenda click here
You cannot “Not Communicate”. Everything you do, everything you say, every movement you make, is part of our communication process. In effective corporate communication we must also communicate the right processes, procedures and governance that form the bedrock of our organisational success. Delegates will not only enhance their communication skills but ensure the right communication, at the right time and in the right way is applied to their teams to provide clarity and clear instructions that motivate. Corporations not only need to be efficient but also effective in the communication.
Day One: Who do you think you are?
- Personal profiling
- Assessing your current leadership style
- Assessing your abilities as an influencer
- Aggressive, Assertive and Passive Styles
- Your own communication style
Day Two: Enriching Your Communication Skills
- Subjective experience and communication
- Advanced language patterns for influence
- Questioning and listening skillfully
- Motivation and behavioural drivers
- Hygiene factors and motivators
- Filters of experience
- The emotional loop
Day Three: The Communication Skills of the Manager
- Time Management
- Teamworking skills
- Essentials of project communication
- Meeting communication
- Effective use of IT to support communication activities
Day Four: The Corporate Oil & Gas Communicator
- Understanding the “Big Picture”
- Corporate culture and its impact on communication
- The culture of your organisation
- Corporate Values and leadership
- Team culture and coaching for greater success
- Communicating change and innovation
Day Five: Communicating, Managing and Leading Oil & Gas Industries
- What do people say about your team - and what do you want them to say?
- Key challenges for your team and how to meet them
- Dealing with difficult and dangerous situations
- Communicating Performance Issues
- Case study – effective corporate communicating in practice
- Personal action planning
Related Courses click here
- Public Relations in the Oil and Gas Industry
- Effective Government Relations for the Oil & Gas Sector
- Managing Multiple Tasks, Priorities & Deadlines
- Next Generation Leadership: Transforming Personal and Team Effectiveness