|MG197||30 Sep - 04 Oct 2019||London - UK||5,950|
*All fees are exclusive of VAT
Why Choose this Training Course?
This PetroKnowledge Training course “Effective Corporate Communication for the Oil and Gas Industries” is designed to renew the Practitioner’s tool kit and upgrade the range of skills needed to win on the battlefield where molecules are important. The oil and gas sector is simultaneously involved in satisfying global demand while maintaining some kind of high ground with regard to its traditional products and methods of exploration and production. It is therefore imperative that practitioners set aside time for independent review and renewal.
After this immersion, participants will be re-energized to deepen their commitment to telling the story of oil and gas so that companies win on the battlefield of the molecules.
This training course will highlight:
- The Changing Landscape 20-30 years out
- Stakeholder Mapping as the operating template
- Communicating in a Regulated Market
- How to Create Content that Sticks
- Making Advocates of Your Internal Audience
What are the Goals?
The objectives of this programme are:
- To improve understanding of the re-defined role for communications in the Oil and Gas industry
- To re-balance the image of players in the Oil and Gas Sector
- To help participants seamlessly merge traditional and new media strategies and tactics
- To provide an opportunity for skills upgrade where necessary
- To help participants tell the positive stories of the Oil and Gas Industry
Who is this Training Course for?
This training course is suitable to a focused group of communicators in the oil and gas industry and participation is encouraged from;
- Public Relations Officers
- Team Leads and Managers
- Corporate Communications Practitioners
- Public Relations/Public Affairs professionals
- Marketing Officers
How will this Training Course be Presented?
It is widely accepted that adult learners move from being subject centred to being problem centred. As a result, the methodologies to be utilized in this intervention will include: lectures; case studies via written submissions, podcasts or video; role plays; journaling and reflective reports.
Activities will also be biased towards experimentation and analyses of live cases and therefore rely heavily on activity based group work.
The company will benefit in the following ways:
- Deepen your commitment to developing plans which are nimble and responsive
- Heighten your understanding of communicating in a regulated market
- Share your communication story with other industry players
- Expand your network of communication professionals with whom the company may associate
The personal benefits to be derived from attending this programme include the following:
- Greater understanding of the status of the creeping anti oil and gas sentiment
- Improved understanding of how to target specific audiences and assess outcomes
- Greater understanding of how to improve social media presence
- Improved writing skills
- Improved level of confidence to “break-in” to Media outlets
Day One: The Changing Landscape 20-30 years out
- Where are we now (WAW analysis)
- 20 years out
- Current action
- Activists and NGOs in agenda setting
Day Two: Stakeholder Mapping as the operating template
- Empathy and Audiences
- The New Consumption Ethos
- Connecting with Stakeholders
- Personalizing Your Messages
- Engaging Regulators
Day Three: Communicating in a Regulated Market
- Segmenting Your Offering
- Encouraging Advocates to Tell Your Story
- Bloggers and Blogging
- Is Podcasting for You?
- Pictures as Stories
Day Four: Creating Content that Sticks
- The Pillars of your content
- Deciding your look and feel
- Simplifying Videography
- Podcasting as Marketing
- Image Convergence
Day Five: Making Advocates of Your Internal Audience
- Focussing on The Key Message
- Developing the Governance Structure
- Leading Employee Engagement from The Top
- Communicating during a Crisis and Beyond
- Effective Government Relations for the Oil & Gas Sector
- Managing Multiple Tasks, Priorities & Deadlines
- Next Generation Leadership