Why Choose this Training Course?
Today, large projects in the oil and gas industry face daunting challenges as they become increasingly complex, innovative and technologically demanding. Project decision and strategy making allows the determination of the basic long-term goals and objectives of an enterprise. It is more and more important that the correct project selection is made, that the benefits are clearly set out and understood at the outset and that the project is planned appropriately to support good delivery.
"If a man will begin with certainties, he shall end with doubts, but if he will be content, to begin with doubts he shall end in certainties." - Francis Bacon
Making good, solid project decisions is extremely important task for organisations, but not an easy thing to do. This PetroKnowledge training course offers an insight into decision-making procedures in a step-by-step manner. It presents decision-analysis, using different decision criteria, different types of information, and information of varying quality. It covers the analysis of decision alternatives and choices, as well as the goals and objectives that guide decision-making. We will take time to cover the key issues related to a decision-maker's preferences regarding alternatives, criteria for choice, and choice modes, together with relevant risk assessment tools. All key information that will make delivering projects in the oil and gas industry more successful, from the viability of a project to recognising how to measure it with emphasis on timely delivery, cost benefit and value addition, will be discussed.
Key areas covered include:
- Project Sanctioning and approval Process (PSAP)
- Understand structural and systematic aspects of project planning and execution used on Oil and Gas projects
- Identify with and understand reasons for project failures and successes (using examples)
- Comprehend how project success is identified and measured
- Gain familiarisation with project financing methods & Financial modelling
- Understanding the need for continual decision-making through the project life cycle
This training course will highlight:
- The need to undertake Front End Design & Survey in an Oil & Gas environment
- How to establish the key requirements necessary to support Oil& Gas project approval
- How Oil & Gas organisations ascertain the strategic fit and relevant options for project delivery
- Appropriate decision-making tools & techniques that have been tried and tested
- The importance of behavioural skills in a highly technical environment